Dui Cf200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone have a problem with the seams on the heals of their CF200 wearing through? It seems that there is chaffing going on and now one of the socks is leaking.

I want to do a quick fix on this suit that is about 14 months old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OE2X:
Anyone have a problem with the seams on the heals of their CF200 wearing through? It seems that there is chaffing going on and now one of the socks is leaking.

I want to do a quick fix on this suit that is about 14 months old. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Love to help, but the only problems I have heard about were at the toes.

Have you pressure tested it?
Are you sure the leak is where you think?

Aquaseal...(and lots of it) can fix it for a while as long as you know where it really is.

I had that problem, but mine happened after about 2oo dives on the suit....Just some tool dip or aqua seal inside and out fixed the problem...
Just my 2PSi,
K

Thanks. I was going to do the aquaseal.
Jeff - you should see the abrasion on the heals. The left hasn't started leaking yet, but it looks pretty similar to the right heal. I get soaked to the thigh on the right leg.

In Jan. I'm going to Port Hardy for a week of cold water diving. If the weather is anything like last year then having any sort of leak will be profoundly uncomfortable.

After that it's off to DUI for some repair work...

OE2X:

I had an odd leak in my DC suit. It was somewhere in the boots. My "fix" was to goop a tube of aquaseal in my hand...Stick my hand into the boot...Rub and smooth the goo for good measure. It worked, but it was the last resort, but it worked.

OE2X:
Thanks. I was going to do the aquaseal.
Jeff - you should see the abrasion on the heals. The left hasn't started leaking yet, but it looks pretty similar to the right heal. I get soaked to the thigh on the right leg.

In Jan. I'm going to Port Hardy for a week of cold water diving. If the weather is anything like last year then having any sort of leak will be profoundly uncomfortable.

After that it's off to DUI for some repair work...
If the abrasion is on the outside, consider gluing patches (with aquaseal) from a bicycle repair kit on the trouble spots.

OE2X:

My CF200 started leaking through the heel after about 75 dives. I matched the sock up with my rock boots and found the sock was chafing with the top of the boots (there was wear on them too). On the inside of the suit I took a circle of scrap 3mm neoprene and aquasealed it over the hole, then aquasealed around the edges. On the outside I took more scrap neoprene and stitched it to the boots themselves around the top. That held up fine until I sent the suit to DUI (through Bubbles Below in Woodinville, WA) after 150 dives. They replaced the socks at no cost to me (both socks had also been leaking through the instep), fixed some pinholes I hadn't noticed, new seals, added pockets, got the suit back in 3 weeks (and 2 days before my own Port Hardy trip, whew).

That was back in August. I've done about 100 dives on the suit since then, and with the modified boots there isn't any sign of wear on the socks.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom