Dui 400g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LG Diver:
The trilam material has no stretch to it, so DUI cuts it baggy so it will have good range of motion. The CF200 has some stretch to it, so it's cut narrower. Mine wouldn't fit a 400g thinsulate. If/when I decide I need thinsulate, I'll have to go with something like the Diving Concepts stretch thinsulate suit, or the Bare CT200 which has stretch panels behind the knees and elbows so it's cut a little narrower.

I dive the CF200 with the Bare CT200 and it fits nicely. I've been in 38 deg. water, A little chilly at the end but tolerable. Went in for a second dive....

ctmax:
I dive the CF200 with the Bare CT200 and it fits nicely. I've been in 38 deg. water, A little chilly at the end but tolerable. Went in for a second dive....

Good to know! I just bought a USIA Superstretch undergarment, which is similar to the DUI Powerstretch (300g double layer powerstretch fleece). The coldest water we see around here is high 40's and I'm not doing any deco yet so I'm hopeful that this will keep me warm enough but it's nice to know that the CT200 will fit in the CF200.

LG Diver:
Good to know! I just bought a USIA Superstretch undergarment, which is similar to the DUI Powerstretch (300g double layer powerstretch fleece). The coldest water we see around here is high 40's and I'm not doing any deco yet so I'm hopeful that this will keep me warm enough but it's nice to know that the CT200 will fit in the CF200.
Just because it fits in someones drysuit and keeps them warm is no guaranty that it will keep you warm and fit in your drysuit.

JeffG:
Just because it fits in someones drysuit and keeps them warm is no guaranty that it will keep you warm and fit in your drysuit.

True..... But still nice to get someone's first hand knowledge isn't it????

I think it goes without saying that just because it works for him it doesn't mean it will work for me, but it's at least an avenue to explore since I know the DUI 400g doesn't work for me.

I was advised not to get the 400G originally but to layer. The layering is nice and I agree with the thought process of having options for thermal protection, but my problem is that even with the 300 Power Stretch, 150 action wear, and a fleece base layer I am still not warm in 49 degree water. In 65 degree water I am warm and comfortable with this setup, nowhere near being uncomfortably warm either.

I hear the 400G is thick, but compared to the three layers I have on already I cant wait to dive with just the 400G only and see how my warmth and weighting changes. I'm a stroke...i cant help it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom