Dui 400g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone dive with DUI's 400G? If so, how bulky is it and could you give me a idea of the buoyancy characteristics of it?

I am asking because right now I wear 3 layers and while it gives me flexibility for different temps throughout the season, i am still chilly in 40 degree water. My garments are rated 45-60, 65+, and then I have a base layer which helps a little.

The 400G is rated for 35-50 and I'm leaning towards it, but have been told it requires a lot of weight and is bulky.

Thanks you cold water divers you. I love you all! I dream about you guys... :shakehead

jepuskar:
Does anyone dive with DUI's 400G? If so, how bulky is it and could you give me a idea of the buoyancy characteristics of it?

I am asking because right now I wear 3 layers and while it gives me flexibility for different temps throughout the season, i am still chilly in 40 degree water. My garments are rated 45-60, 65+, and then I have a base layer which helps a little.

The 400G is rated for 35-50 and I'm leaning towards it, but have been told it requires a lot of weight and is bulky.

Thanks you cold water divers you. I love you all! I dream about you guys... :shakehead

It doesn't have any stretch panels, so it's cut very baggy to give decent range of motion. If you have a baggy trilam suit it would be OK, but it was too baggy to fit in my CF200. I can't speak to the properties of if (buoyancy, temp) as I never dove it.

I have a tls350, but I think I would need to see this 400g to make a decision. MY suit is pretty baggy with no undergarments, but arent most suits suppose to be like this?

jepuskar:
I have a tls350, but I think I would need to see this 400g to make a decision. MY suit is pretty baggy with no undergarments, but arent most suits suppose to be like this?
Depends. I have a custom DC suit. The fitting was done with my first DUI 400 undies. I bought some new DUI 400 stuff in December and it seems a lot different. Its bulky and its tougher to get into my drysuit now. Took an extra 5 lbs to sink the stuff too.

But its warm. I've used it ice diving in 33F water. But the price you pay is in flexibility.

jepuskar:

The trilam material has no stretch to it, so DUI cuts it baggy so it will have good range of motion. The CF200 has some stretch to it, so it's cut narrower. Mine wouldn't fit a 400g thinsulate. If/when I decide I need thinsulate, I'll have to go with something like the Diving Concepts stretch thinsulate suit, or the Bare CT200 which has stretch panels behind the knees and elbows so it's cut a little narrower.

Why not try it out at DUI Demo Days? You just missed the one at Pearl Lake, but there is one coming up at Wazee Lake, Wisconsin this weekend and one at Mermet Springs in October. They bring all the underwear along with the suits and other gear.

Yeah, I purposely missed the one at Pearl....wasnt really thinking of testing out the undergarments....darn it. :(

Lake Wazee.....thats a haul...about the same as Mermet..... Hmmmmm

I dove Wazee back in 02.... I was on my way up to my good friends wedding.....he is now divorced...WOMEN!!!

I ordered the 400G yesterday..im still chilly, so I'll provide a 1000 word report on me opening the box and then stripping down to put on this undergarment when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom