Duct Tape Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just for Alan...........................................

FESTIVAL

Be amazed by what you can do with duct tape

Show Dad you love him and head to the Avon Heritage Duct Tape Festival. The fifth annual nod to adhesive is June 13-15 (Father's Day weekend) at Veteran's Memorial Park in Avon, Ohio. There will be duct tape, of course, and interesting ways to use it. See sculptures and fashion, games, rides and a parade, which honor the city, home of Duck brand duct tape. Details: (866) 818-1116, Avon Heritage Duct Tape Festival.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Yeah, I'm still waiting for his magnum opus on the glorious uses of duct tape for the DIMWIT manual. I may have to release it without. :shakehead:

Just for Alan...........................................

FESTIVAL

Be amazed by what you can do with duct tape

Show Dad you love him and head to the Avon Heritage Duct Tape Festival. The fifth annual nod to adhesive is June 13-15 (Father's Day weekend) at Veteran's Memorial Park in Avon, Ohio. There will be duct tape, of course, and interesting ways to use it. See sculptures and fashion, games, rides and a parade, which honor the city, home of Duck brand duct tape. Details: (866) 818-1116, Avon Heritage Duct Tape Festival.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

THANKS....I have been waiting all my life for a festival of such grand magnitude....Road Trip anyone!!!!! :D

THANKS....I have been waiting all my life for a festival of such grand magnitude....Road Trip anyone!!!!! :D

Is there diving nearby?

Reasons for Duct tape to be in your dive bag at all times:
1. Duct tape is a great bandage substitute that stays on you through multiple dives
2. See above, also good if you are borrowing full foot fins and get heel blisters
3. Great for sealing a wetsuit tear (*disclaimer* leaves sticky residue on the neoprene)
4. Use it to close the rip in your tent after wild boars attack you in the middle of the night, or to repair the poles after a dust storm has laid your tent on the ground

Anyone else have experience with duct tape and diving? :D

Good for marking Mix/MOD on deco-stage bottles!

Anyone else have experience with duct tape and diving? :D

Yup...and let's not get real redneck with this either...we all know it works.

Stiff...real stiff...current and someone ripped the top of their foot pocket out of their fins.

Got back the on boat...and my old instructor (Marcus) pulled out a roll of duck tape.

Wrapped the foot pocket up and the person was able to do the second dive, no problems. I always have a roll in my dive bag.

Then there was this time on San Juan reef in Coz. where one of my buddies had a fin strap ripped off...lost the fin.

DM got the fin and used a knife and a carribiner to fix it. Buddy made it just fine; didn't have to abort the dive.

That was kinda funny watching my buddy have to hold on to the DMs tank valve while he fixed the fin in the current. I didn't have the tools to do it with down there.

Upon reflection, that could have been a very serious incident.

Then there was the time that Alan used a zip tie to fix my broken fin buckle at CSSP...worked great too!

But I digress.

Any more stories?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom