• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Duck foot -fyi- history

Discussion in 'Vintage Equipment Diving' started by Sam Miller III, Mar 4, 2010.

1. USdiver1

USdiver1 Divemaster

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    @George austin,

You're a better man than I to still be using duck feet everyday. I swim a mile three times a week with my full foot Mares Avanti fins, and do most of my scuba dives with a set of twin 72s on my back while being propelled by an old set of USD Super Rocket fins. I just participated this last weekend in Sea Hunt Forever in Ocala, FL using a full compliment of vintage equipment. I dove both a full foot set of Swimaster UDT Duck Feet (black, natural rubber) and and open heel set of AMF VOIT UDT Duck Feet (black rubber - stiffer than hell). There is much work and resistance in using Duck Feet. Every stroke, up or down, in my flutter kick was a power stroke. After two days, I was walking with a limp, the muscles in my shins being tight due to lactic acid buildup. Duck Feet are a chore to use. Much harder work than either the Avantis or Rocket Fins.

John C. Ratliff likes this.
  2. aquajedi

aquajedi Angel Fish

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
  3. george_austin

george_austin Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    @USdiver1
    I like my USD Super Rockets as well - use them rather often. My only issue with the UDT is is I forget to bring socks. After 9 or ten dives the top of a bare foot is raw and bloody

4. USdiver1

USdiver1 Divemaster

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
  5. george_austin

george_austin Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Thanks, great price ! I just ordered 2 pair. Yes, my LDS carries them but I'm in LA so obviously the Amazon price is a lot better.