Dubai Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unless things change, I will be in Dubai from March 29 to April 4. I'll be stopping there on my way to Bangladesh. I'm looking at doing some diving while I'm there. Al Boom Diving is just a few blocks from my hotel, so I'll probably check in there.

Any suggestions as to some nice dive sites to see?

Dive Atlantis aquarium too.

I was reading about that on the website. Is it a good dive?

Diving around Dubai is not really that great, viz is generally at best .... well appalling 1-2M being the norm.

If you really want to dive from Dubai I would look at Pavilion Divers based out of Jumeirah Beach Hotel, they dive the wrecks in the Gulf, long boat rides though.

The better diving is over on the east coast of UAE, 2 hour drive from Dubai.

Al Boom run a cattle boat over there, with transport from Dubai to Al Aqqa and their base is out of the Meridian Hotel.

Divers Down run their east coast op from the Miramar Hotel

Great diving in the UAE - Divers Down UAE - Divers Down UAE - SCUBA Diving on the East Coast of the UAE in the Miramar Hotel

In my opinion they are a lot more professional than some other ops. If you want to self drive, you can try Scuba2000 about 5 mins drive south of Divers Down but don't expect any guided tours as they rarely have a DM on board, but some really good divers use this op :wink:

Scuba 2000 - Diving in Dubai - UAE. A dive resort close to khorfakkan, bidiya, fujeirah, al aqah, sharjah, Dubai

PM me if you want more info, I usually leave Dubai around 6.30am to drive over to the east coast most Fridays and occasionally on a Saturday if I don't dive on the Friday. During the week you could dive the two aquariums in Dubai but that is probably more expensive than driving over to the east coast for real diving.

Diving around Dubai is not really that great, viz is generally at best .... well appalling 1-2M being the norm.

If you really want to dive from Dubai I would look at Pavilion Divers based out of Jumeirah Beach Hotel, they dive the wrecks in the Gulf, long boat rides though.

The better diving is over on the east coast of UAE, 2 hour drive from Dubai.

Al Boom run a cattle boat over there, with transport from Dubai to Al Aqqa and their base is out of the Meridian Hotel.

Divers Down run their east coast op from the Miramar Hotel

Great diving in the UAE - Divers Down UAE - Divers Down UAE - SCUBA Diving on the East Coast of the UAE in the Miramar Hotel

In my opinion they are a lot more professional than some other ops. If you want to self drive, you can try Scuba2000 about 5 mins drive south of Divers Down but don't expect any guided tours as they rarely have a DM on board, but some really good divers use this op :wink:

Scuba 2000 - Diving in Dubai - UAE. A dive resort close to khorfakkan, bidiya, fujeirah, al aqah, sharjah, Dubai

PM me if you want more info, I usually leave Dubai around 6.30am to drive over to the east coast most Fridays and occasionally on a Saturday if I don't dive on the Friday. During the week you could dive the two aquariums in Dubai but that is probably more expensive than driving over to the east coast for real diving.

Once the schedule is finalized, I'll get in touch with you for some more info. We're going to Dubai to film a short documentary and I think I'll have one day free to go diving with my son. I just don't know, yet, what day it will be.

No problems, I travel frequently during the week, but if I am around in UAE I am sure we can arrange something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom