Duane Wreck, Key Largo.. Anyone seen it this nice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Shot some Go-Pro on a recent trip to Key Largo. First dive on the Duane for my 16-yr old son and myself.

Basically zero current, warm water and probably 100 ft visibility on the bottom, max depth is supposedly around 125 ft.

Don't know about the Bottom Walker, there was another boat diving the wreck.

No filter, no lights and camera is on a head strap, so it is not too smooth.

We are used to clear water, but we very rarely get zero current..Easy diving..

Florida Keys Wreck Diving: Duane - YouTube

[video=youtube_share;QK7AugWOdSo]http://youtu.be/QK7AugWOdSo[/video]

Wow, nice conditions. Only been there once, June 30, and there was some current and not nearly that kind of viz. It was alive with snapper and grunts, but not much of any size. Was that first fish a bar jack? We saw tons of those there and down in the Lower Keys where we were, but not often that size. Those others were mangrove snapper? I thought the jacks tasted a little better than the mangroves. You all have a lot of nice game fish over there.

Dove the duane a couple years ago. Had exactly those conditions. Great dive

I remember when there were hundreds of cuda by the crows nest. Now hardly ever see one

Wow, nice conditions. Only been there once, June 30, and there was some current and not nearly that kind of viz. It was alive with snapper and grunts, but not much of any size. Was that first fish a bar jack? We saw tons of those there and down in the Lower Keys where we were, but not often that size. Those others were mangrove snapper? I thought the jacks tasted a little better than the mangroves. You all have a lot of nice game fish over there.

Yes my son shot a bar jack. I think they are very good to eat as well.

No, have never seen it that nice! So, where's the current?????? Lucky you. Every time I have been on it the current has been ripping and viz not so good.

It's a GREAT dive on a day like you experienced. Rainbow Reef runs to the Duane on a regular basis (weather permitting) and we always try to dive her when we are in Key Largo. Love that wreck :D

Nice video. Do my eyes deceive me or was there actually a guy walking on the deck, with no fins on?

Had a great dive on the Duane about 10 years ago... far more interesting than the Spiegel Grove was at that time. Plenty of critters to film and great conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom