Dual Locomotive Wrecks - VentureIII May 14, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveh3

Contributor
Reaction score
This dive has changed dates, Previous discussion here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=89258
And here http://wreckvalley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765

Below is the most recent roster.
We need a few more divers for this trip.
diveh3 wrote:
UPDATE NEW DATE
DATE: MAY 14, 2005
COST: $70.00 based on 12 divers
This charter has been confirmed with Captain Paul Hepler
There is no rain date / we could reschedule another trip if blown out. Or money would be refunded.

1 Unknown Mystery diver Reserved PD FULL
2 Ross Reserved PD FULL
3 DiveH3 Reserved PD FULL
4 Xjae Reserved PD FULL
5 JWD Reserved PD FULL
6 Nategasser Reserved PD FULL
7 Grunster Reserved PD FULL
8 Jonny_Rocket Reserved PD FULL
9 Jonnythan Reserved
10 Scubamarc Reserved PD FULL
11 Nick Reserved
12 Stephan Reserved
13 Macdiver Reserved
Policy: A spot on the trip is “reserved” upon payment.
Send a PM to Diveh3 or an email to Daniel@facarlisle.com for instructions on sign up and payment.
(edited to update roster)

Thanks for filling the roster back up. Looks like it may be Locomotives and the Pinta.

ROSTER'S FULL
Hope the weather holds this time.
diveh3:
This dive has changed dates, Previous discussion here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=89258
And here http://wreckvalley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765

Below is the most recent roster.
We need a few more divers for this trip.
diveh3 wrote:
UPDATE NEW DATE
DATE: MAY 14, 2005
COST: $70.00 based on 12 divers
This charter has been confirmed with Captain Paul Hepler
There is no rain date / we could reschedule another trip if blown out. Or money would be refunded.

1 Unknown Mystery diver Reserved PD FULL
2 Ross Reserved PD FULL
3 DiveH3 Reserved PD FULL
4 Xjae Reserved PD FULL
5 JWD Reserved PD FULL
6 Nategasser Reserved PD FULL
7 Grunster Reserved PD FULL
8 Jonny_Rocket Reserved PD FULL
9 Jonnythan Reserved PD FULL
10 Scubamarc Reserved PD FULL
11 Nick Reserved
12 Stephan Reserved PD FULL
13 Macdiver Reserved PD FULL
14 Guardian1 Reserved
Policy: A spot on the trip is “reserved” upon payment.
Send a PM to Diveh3 or an email to Daniel@facarlisle.com for instructions on sign up and payment.
(edited to update roster)

Here is a brief summary for those who couldn’t make the WV dive.
Everyone arrived on time and we were on our way by 8:00 to the dual steam engines that lay at the bottom of the ocean just 5 miles off the coast of NJ.
We were met with the best NOAA forecast yet this season calling for seas 2-4 and 10-15 knot winds.

Since we had 14 divers we decided to stage splash-ins so it wouldn’t be to crowded on such a small site. The trains were interesting for the first couple laps around but I soon found myself dreaming about searching for bugs and artifacts of which none were on this dive.
Visibility was exceptional for this site, at first we had 20-30’ but having so many divers started to reduce the vis to 15-20’ with no noticeable current.

The surface interval was fun as we traveled to our next dive site. It was a good chance to get to know other club members.

We arrived at a tug called the Rockland County, part of an artificial reef.
This was a nice dive, good vis, lots of fish, easy opportunity for penetration.
Visibility was decreasing but still around 15’, water temp is warming up to around 43-45 depending on whom you asked.
I had camera issues and was only able to get one photo to come out. Hopefully others got pics and will post them for us.

I was glad to see no one went overboard during the brief stop to repair the engines, I figured we were taking a few 6’ roller waves mixed in here and there.
The Venture III is a nice boat to dive from; Paul and Ruth were helpful and fun to talk to.
Paul’s boat accommodated all our gear and 14 divers easily. But he does need to do something about that slippery wood decking. For a moment I felt like I was skating with fins and a monkey on my back.

It was great to put faces and personalities with screen names. I enjoyed meeting and diving with you all and hope to dive again soon.

Back
Top Bottom