DSS (Deep Sea Supply)---Warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this a justification for a vendor to berate, ridicule, insult, verbally attack a client who actually bought something from him and is in need of help from the vendor because the vendor's products has failed and isn't usable?

Are you also stating all that all of the complaint on SB from customers against vendors/LDS/Instructors/etc. shouldn't be on SB and the customer is wrong for complaining on SB "behind the vendor's back"???
No of course I’m not stating that he can verbally abuse him.

I’m saying we never heard the conversation, it could be something very small and he decided to blow it out of the water.

I will not further reply to this thread as it’s getting a little ridiculous now.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and considered DSS when I was making the move to a BPW, but found a deal on quality used equipment I couldn't pass up. I posted on here with some general questions and DSS responded with helpful information. When someone posts a negative review of a dive op, liveaboard, shop, or product, usually someone links that person in for an option for the other side of the story. I'm not doubting the op's version of events, but many people have guessed about the reasons for the response.

while I'm relatively confident he has seen this thread, before it goes full "Anita" I'm going to link him in. @cool_hardware52 If someone Is being discussed in a public forum, they deserve the right to know. I am a one man show in a business that runs on my reputation. I have to respect DSS for taking on the big equipment manufacturers with products of the same, or higher, quality. That takes a commitment to quality, a lot of risk, and big shiny 411 (or whatever grade DSS uses) stainless steel balls.

If nothing else, this is a coachable moment...or not.

Jay
Exactly. People don’t know they are being quite rude saying this potentially behind his back.

No of course I’m not stating that he can verbally abuse him.

I’m saying we never heard the conversation, it could be something very small and he decided to blow it out of the water.

I will not further reply to this thread as it’s getting a little ridiculous now.

We know the guy for years and years on SB and he is behaving exactly as he does here on SB so nothing is out of the ordinary in the story.

EireDiver606:
Please see my last post #75. Perhaps you didn't read it first before posting. So...again...had the owner let me talk when I called, I would have shared what I posted here with him on the phone. He did not give me the opportunity to talk, so now I'm being accused of talking behind his back?

EireDiver606:
Please see my last post #75. Perhaps you didn't read it first before posting. So...again...had the owner let me talk when I called, I would have shared what I posted here with him on the phone. He did not give me the opportunity to talk, so now I'm being accused of talking behind his back?
Yes I apologise I didn’t see that one. I’m ruining my own reputation here.... please forgive me.

I just read the entire thread, including post #75. Still posting.

It's been interesting to read the various takes on Tobin's attitudes. It's been even more interesting to read justifications and even reasons for his attitudes. I often refer to many of these scenarios as examples of how not to do social media.

Pinches were never covered by DSS warranties as they are user inflicted. This is for the same reason tires aren't warrantied against nails on the road.

The OP has the right to discuss his recent interaction. Calling it "slander" simply shows ignorance. Slander is spoken while libel is written. Both are incredibly hard to prove and frankly, the remarks in this thread would make it impossible to win. The best defense for either is the truth or in absence of that, whether a reasonable person could believe it to be the truth.

Back
Top Bottom