DSS complete singles rig vs. Transpac 2 w/ trek wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermike1989:
I wrote trek wing but the venture might be a better idea for now anyway.

I ordered the Travel Wing. They say it's samaller.

A LDS near me rents DR equipment so I'll see what wings they have and try it out...I've gotta find someone near me that has a BP/W or find one to rent so I can make a final decision!

divermike1989:
A LDS near me rents DR equipment so I'll see what wings they have and try it out...I've gotta find someone near me that has a BP/W or find one to rent so I can make a final decision!

One would think that you would be surrounded by wings in Florida. Halcyon? Salvo/Agir?

The only person that I have seen using a BP/W is my old instructor suprisingly...from the sound of it on SB they are pretty popular. Dumb Question, but because of my age I can't start tech for a little more than a year, when I turn 18, would a BP/W fit my needs until then...I can't stand the clutter in the front of jackets!!!!TOO MUCH ****!!!Right now my dives vary from deep to shallow and warm to cool (springs)...But in a year I will be getting into more tech stuff......

divermike1989:
The only person that I have seen using a BP/W is my old instructor suprisingly...from the sound of it on SB they are pretty popular. Dumb Question, but because of my age I can't start tech for a little more than a year, when I turn 18, would a BP/W fit my needs until then...I can't stand the clutter in the front of jackets!!!!TOO MUCH ****!!!Right now my dives vary from deep to shallow and warm to cool (springs)...But in a year I will be getting into more tech stuff......

I think "Vest" is more descriptive than jacket but you don't need a hard backplate to get rid of the clutter in front. Check out a Transpac or one of the Zeagles.

To answer your question....... a bp/w is a BCD. Sure it will work for you.

Also you'll be ready for those twin tanks and stage bottles.

Back
Top Bottom