DS pullover glove question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the permanent wrist rings used with the SiTech replaceable seals the pullover gloves work surprisingly well. A couple of my dive buddies picked them up in Newfoundland and were very happy with them on the cold dives we did. They did not use any large o-rings but just pulled them over the permanent rings and had no leak issues.

I see.

It won't work.

Using a wet-glove will work, of course, but even if the seal *seems* tight then a dry-glove that's just pulled over the ring will leak. I guarantee it.

Well, I use the pullover gloves and they work fine. I tried just about every dry glove locking system that I could, and they either leaked or were so difficult to don and doff that I gave up.

Now I have the Viking rings glued to my suit, which means that I can swap in a new wrist seal in the field if there is a problem. Also, I can use the pullover gloves (over glove liners), which are basically $10 dishwashing gloves. As long as you pull them over the ring fully, the pressure keeps them in place.

If it's not clear, this photo shows how they work...

drygloves.jpg

Well, I use the pullover gloves and they work fine. I tried just about every dry glove locking system that I could, and they either leaked or were so difficult to don and doff that I gave up.

Which is the reason I was advising him to use what works.

Now I have the Viking rings glued to my suit, which means that I can swap in a new wrist seal in the field if there is a problem. Also, I can use the pullover gloves (over glove liners), which are basically $10 dishwashing gloves. As long as you pull them over the ring fully, the pressure keeps them in place.

I wonder if it would work with the sci-tek/Bare system, which is what the OP has.... I'm still 100% sure it wont.

R..

I wonder if it would work with the sci-tek/Bare system, which is what the OP has.... I'm still 100% sure it wont.

R..

Yup, works fine... I used to use the same pullovers on the SiTech as well. Basically, anything that has enough bulk to let you stretch the glove wrists over it is all you need. Also used pullovers on the Antares system when I was trying that. If you don't want to glue the viking rings to your suit, there is a way of just trapping the suit sleeve between an inner and outer ring on a temporary basis (but then the wrist seal is glued to your suit, so if you tear it you are out of luck).

It's a nice option since if you have any sort of locking ring system, there is always going to be some sort of rigid ring on your cuff (glued or not), so you can always try out the pullover system and see if you like them for a pretty minimal investment. If you don't like it, you can always use the gloves for scrubbing pots... :)

I'll give the pull overs a try in the next couple weeks and let you know how it worked for me. I appreciate all the input!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll give the pull overs a try in the next couple weeks and let you know how it worked for me. I appreciate all the input!

Yeah, if you are concerned that they might pop off or something, just stick a pair of wet gloves in your dry suit pocket... you can always put them on if necessary.

I've been using the Sitec rings as well on a Fusion Tech and they work great. I use some nice wool liner gloves from REI under the rubber gauntlet gloves and the worst moisture I pick up is getting the gloves wet after removing them between dives. I do pull the Thumb strap on the Thermal Fusion up through the wrist seal to allow some equalization of gas pressure.

FlyinV that's what I was looking for. Those just pull over your rings and seal, do they leak at all?

I don't get any leaks and by some odd chance a glove got a hole in it during the dive, the wrist seals keep your suit from flooding.
So your hand might be a little cold but its not too bad. This is about the most common drysuit glove system we see around Puget Sound/Hood Canal Washington.

I have the bare cuff rings from the factory and they work fine.
I also had some rings installed from DRIS on my other suit and they also work fine.

No leaks.

Very easy to don and doff yourself.

Awesome, that's exactly what I'm looking for. In hindsight I wish I purchased the glove system but at the time I thought it came with it. My mistake not who I bought it from. Looks like this is exactly what I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom