DS pullover glove question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wycacher

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

just got my Whites Fusion Sport with the replaceable seal system. Can I use pullover gloves with that or do I need different rings? Brand new to dry suit and a little confused with all the options. I will probably go to the glove lock system a little later, but for now just thinking pullovers. Thanks!

Gloves that do not have a ring system for securing to the DS. The can be pulled over the replaceable seal system.

Do you mean wetsuit gloves that you want to pull over the rings or some kind of rubber glove that is intended to be dry?

R..

I see.

It won't work.

Using a wet-glove will work, of course, but even if the seal *seems* tight then a dry-glove that's just pulled over the ring will leak. I guarantee it.

You can, however, fit the male rings to most rubber gloves. If you want to use gloves you bought yourself instead of buying the expensive blue ones (the purpose made ones) then you can just buy the rings and get someone to show you how to put your gloves on it. There's a video on the whites website that shows you how to install them. It's pretty straight forward.

Hope that helps.

R..

I have rings on my suit so I can replace the wrist seal if it tears.
I pull these over the rings for my dry gloves.

Pullover Rubber Gloves for Dry Glove System

Considering all the problems I hear/see with twist on dry gloves and different dry glove systems I think this is the way to go.

FlyinV that's what I was looking for. Those just pull over your rings and seal, do they leak at all?

The only way I've seen gloves pulled over a ring not leak too badly is if you push a large o-ring up on in to (a) hold it in place and (b) squeeze the bejezus out of the surface where the glove and the ring meet. It's a PITA and *still* doesn't work as well as spending the $20 on the rings.

I have, however, seen a lot of people use a variety of different types of gloves in lieu of the blue ones. You just install the rings on them. It makes sense (I think) to experiment with different types of gloves because the blue ones are thick, stiff, slippery and expensive. They inhibit your dexterity, making things like handling clips more difficult than it has to be and in terms of warmth and comfort are no better than making dry gloves out of the rubber dish-washing gloves your mother used.

The basis, though, still remains... spend the money on the rings. After that you can experiment with a bunch of different types of gloves until you find something you like.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom