DS-IV vs DS-V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meesier42

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A little more than a year ago I purchased what was supposed to be 2 DS-V/ZX regs

when they came in both boxes read DS-IV, one of the 1st stages had a disc on the bottom the read DS-IV and the other read DS-V. I called about it then and was told that if it has 5 LP ports then it is the DS-V not the DS-IV. Well a couple of days ago I happened to find one of the manuals and it said that the DS-IV had 5 LP ports too. So I was hoping to get an answer for sure what is what.
my serial numbers are
DS-V A002595
DS-IV A002230

could you check to see if I got screwed.

If the reg has 4 LP ports, it is a DS-IV.

If it has 5 LP ports, it is a DS-V.

Regardless of any info you find contradicting those two statements, that is the absolute truth!

I promise!

:wink:

Screwed?

More importantly, what could you possibly use the 5th port for?

1. Primary
2. Octo
3. Inflator
4. Drysuit
5. ????

Most of our other regulators, including the top of the line Flatheads only have 4 LP ports.

Most divers like a little space between the hoses, directly behind their head anyway. :D

Chad

thank you for the information, I feel much better about it now.

I didn't say anything about using the thing, I was wondering if the company that I bought them from (Scuba.com) had sent me the wrong thing.

One more question for you, can you tell me where I can get the P/N to convert my 1st stage over to DIN??

ScottZeagle:
5. Redundant bladder!!!!

:wink:

If you need a redundant bladder you already have 8 LP ports minimum... on your twin regulators mounted to your double tanks. (Headhunter had 12 LP ports, counting the inflation tank rig.)

Actually some more recreational oriented divers use an air nozzle for special purposes, but the few I've seen wear one put it on their 4th port. Few drysuits down here in sunny FL. :D

Chad

meesier42:
One more question for you, can you tell me where I can get the P/N to convert my 1st stage over to DIN??

The part number of the kit to convert a yoke reg to a din reg is 345-1010.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom