Drysuits - Worth the Money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Northeastwrecks
Thanks for the information. I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my suit. I've continued diving wet through the winter. Now that the snow has come, I'm giving some thought to stopping until the suit comes in as I don't really think that I'll enjoy changing in this weather.

If you dive off Cape Ann, I hope that we will run into one another.

Congratulations...
And if you did get the Andy's you are really going to like it!
the across the chest zipper takes a little getting used to...
Did you get Andy's undies???

Didn't they dive once on the Edmund Fitzgerald? To put a plaque there or something? I think it sank a couple of years before teh Poling, a famous wreck around these parts. Back on topic, how much was the Andy's suit, and what did it include, if you don't mind my asking?

Yes it is too deep for normal people. Ever since reading this thread, I have the song by Gordon Lightfoot running through my head. :) Let us know how it goes when you get it!

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Historical Society was involved in a project to retieve the bell from the Fitz and replaced it with a bell engraved with the names of the victims. The original bell is located at the museum at Whitefish Pt. The Discovery Channel frequently airs the entire project.

Just to set the record straight, there have been divers using open circuit scuba who reached the Fitz in the 90's. My buddy was a part of the expedition (not as a diver). They had a few problems, but a couple divers did reach the wreck. It can be done, if you really want to do it. The hard part is hooking it, maintaining the hook, and weather.

Take care.

Mike

"Best of all, I got to pick the colors"

What kind of hardcore diving talk is that??

I didn't even know diving equipment came in anything other than "Sea Hunt" black!

Back
Top Bottom