Drysuits - which is the better material! Neoprene, Trilaminate or Cordura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reply.

I will check those suppliers out when I get home. I was looking at a new drysuit from Henderson made of foam neoprene.

It's on their website, I don't know if you know much about it or not.

Thanks Ronan.

Ronan

I have had Northern Diver suits and dive with a lot of people who have had them,i recommend a Gates pro vsn-1000 about 900 euro for the suit.

The factory is in Scotland as well so its handy for returning

Could you pick up one of these over there

David

Can't speak for neoprene as I've never owned that type of drysuit. However, cordura is much stronger than trilaminate. I've got an Oceanic Aerdura, which is cordura and made up of 14 layers, including titanium. It's the suit that the UK Navy use, so can't be bad! It's definitely the best suit I've ever come across. It's got a neoprene neck cover, integrated ankle weights, fluted knees (less stress on the suit when you're kneeling) and looks really cool. The fit is perfect and it's pliable enough to be able to move around freely.

One of the most important factors when buying a drysuit is comfort and fit. My first drysuit fitted really badly - I had problems getting into the RIB, putting my fins on, etc. This one is just perfect. Your best bet is to just go and try some on as you won't know until you actually try them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom