drysuits seal glue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dinasareeric

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
who knows that drysuits inside and outside seal glue or tape using? I mean inside seal glue with tape outside for drysuits better or opposite?

Basically on the market all you can see is the seal glue inside or outside?

many thanks for suggestion

Eric

Hi everyone,
who knows that drysuits inside and outside seal glue or tape using? I mean inside seal glue with tape outside for drysuits better or opposite?

Basically on the market all you can see is the seal glue inside or outside?

I have seen glue used only inside the drysuit.

Some neoprene suits have a special adhesive tape on the outside of seams mostly to add strength (Melco tape, etc).

If you've got a stitched nylon-type trilaminate shell suit, the seams will not need outside reinforcement.

Also, since the trilaminate material generally doesn't stretch, the outside edges of latex seals won't need to be taped down either. The glue will hold them securely to the suit material, aided by sealing cement on the inside edge (eg. Aquaseal).

Dave C

I have seen glue used only inside the drysuit.

Some neoprene suits have a special adhesive tape on the outside of seams mostly to add strength (Melco tape, etc).

If you've got a stitched nylon-type trilaminate shell suit, the seams will not need outside reinforcement.

Also, since the trilaminate material generally doesn't stretch, the outside edges of latex seals won't need to be taped down either. The glue will hold them securely to the suit material, aided by sealing cement on the inside edge (eg. Aquaseal).

Dave C

Hi Bro,
Many thanks for explaination.
I will try liquid seal for inside of drysuits. There will be without seams on drysuits. More seams more dangerous for waterproof, especially when deep diving inner air pressure coming more and more.

For the Aquaseal I think much expensive for drysuits processing, but for repair the suits will be great.

Melco tape in Japan is good, I will try that.

Thank you again

Eric

Back
Top Bottom