Drysuits for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QUOTE]Hi Seakdivers;
I'm a diver in the Anchorage area. Are there any cool dive sites in Sitka? I've been down there many times and have AK Air mileage galore for a weekend trip. I'm sure the SheeAttika can meet my needs for overnight accommodations. Do you recommend any shore dive locations? Or are the best boat access?

I read your response in the drysuit area - women's board. I usually dive with other buddies as my husband has made himself into a warm water only diver.

I'm just looking for new opportunities within Alaska. I loved seeing those Ocre Stars.

Christa

Hey Christa;

Pretty much every place around Sitka is cool to dive at! We have a very interesting underwater landscape since most of our area was formed by volcanic activity. You can dive from the shore very easily - just pull over and walk down to the water! There are some pretty neat places to go by boat, but honestly, some of the best diving we've found has been right off the shore.

My boyfriend went snorkeling today - I opted out, and sunbathed on shore while watching him (it was 72 degrees today!). He said that the visibility was pretty good, and there were all kinds of critters on the move down there.
You should definitely come on down for a weekend - we've got a small but great dive shop, and the divers in this town are truly a great bunch of people!

bubblelogist:
About the underwear, I always used the same I have for winter sport. Girls do you have good argument about getting the ones from your drysuit company ?

Gotta say that I love my Weezle. Absolutely the best undersuit ever -- way better than either regular long underwear or any other drysuit undersuit I've ever tried. The Weezle is just fabulous.

As for the drysuit, just to add my two cents: Oceaner (Vancouver company, so convenient for you, Kimmer) makes a great compressed (not crushed) neoprene suit, which preserves the thermal protection into deeper waters because there is no further compression as you descend. And it's much lighter than a regular neoprene drysuit. I'd also definitely recommend custom -- it's not much more expensive, and I've never found an off-the-rack drysuit that fits properly, despite being an average-sized woman.

Apollo do a custom fit suit, I am in Australia but there are dealers all over the world. They do off the shelf deals but the customised ones are the best way to go, though expensive. They ensure an excilant fit, as they take every measurement you could think of (even the distance between your nipples), getting the suit to fit you perfectly, reducing drag, making it most comfortble for you. i could rave on all day as i think these are the most ideal way of ensuring a good dry suit, durable, flexable, and its not like wearing a plastic bag. Apollo have a good reputation and to those i have spoken to say its the best thing they bought for there diving, especially the women who tend to suffer from the cold more. (or we just winge more about it)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom