drysuits for women...for men?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious if there are actually different cuts of drysuit for women, and/or can a guy use them without having extraneous...bumps?? Wondering if it would be different depending on compressed neoprene vs uncompressed vs shell(bilam/trilam). Any ideas/thoughts on this? I'm looking at used suits and see so many cheap women's ones...

I have and use a woman's Bare NexGen that has an identical cut to my "man's" NexGen. However, I also used to have a woman's DUI TLS350 (off the rack - not custom) that was clearly bigger in the hips and thighs than a mans drysuit would be. I think it just varies depending on manufacturer and price point (the higher the price, the more "custom" it will be).

Yes, there is a difference in cut with a true women's dry suit. The hips and chest area will be bigger in women's suits. How much are you looking to spend?

I've seen a few decent condition suits as low as $200 used. I know women tend to be less open to the idea of using "used" gear. Any ideas on brands that don't have much of a difference?
Dive-aholic- I'm just pricing suits and shopping around right now, but looking for no more than $500.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom