Drysuit Undies on the cheap...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Canadian diver said,

Here's what I'm using now:
MEC - Powerdry Union Suit - Polyester $65.00 CDN
Helly-Hansen Speiz Thermals - Polyester/Pile Materials $120.00 CDN

Not alone....

Hoosier, are you just quoting me, or did you make the switch to the setup that I'm using?

I've not been cold yet with this setup.

daval:
Where can you buy the helly hanson one piece suits in the Toronto Area?

I bought mine at Mark's Work Warehouse. However, you could also order from a Canadian site that I listed further back in this thread... look for the "WEAVER & DEVORE" link.

Canadian_Diver:
I bought mine at Mark's Work Warehouse. However, you could also order from a Canadian site that I listed further back in this thread... look for the "WEAVER & DEVORE" link.

Hey CanadianDiver,

Thanks for the responses.

I can get to the Website with the HH Spietz Suit, but I can not seem to find a way to order off that site, nor can I seem to find this Suit on ANY website or sale in the US? Where can one actually purchase this, or is there a big link I'm missing that says PURCHASE HERE you Moron :D

RonFrank:
Hey CanadianDiver,

Thanks for the responses.

I can get to the Website with the HH Spietz Suit, but I can not seem to find a way to order off that site, nor can I seem to find this Suit on ANY website or sale in the US? Where can one actually purchase this, or is there a big link I'm missing that says PURCHASE HERE you Moron :D

OOPS! Sorry. I must have posted the Weaver & Devore link in another thread.

Weaver & Devore Trading Company

Click CATALOGUE --> WINTER --> UNDERWEAR (under sub-sections) ... then scroll down until you see them there.

Good luck!!

I am going to get two MEC - Powerdry Union Suit for my GF and me based on your recommendation. Currently, I have SW 300g and DUI 400g. I am mostly using SW300g because DUI 400g is too bulky and overkill to use at this moment. But, I don’t like a touch feeling (?) of SW on my skin. So, I hope MEC will help…

In addition, I have waited for some comparison between the ordinary scuba thinsulate and Helly-Hansen Speiz Thermals.

Canadian_Diver:
Hoosier, are you just quoting me, or did you make the switch to the setup that I'm using?

I've not been cold yet with this setup.

hoosier:
I am going to get two MEC - Powerdry Union Suit for my GF and me based on your recommendation. Currently, I have SW 300g and DUI 400g. I am mostly using SW300g because DUI 400g is too bulky and overkill to use at this moment. But, I don’t like a touch feeling (?) of SW on my skin. So, I hope MEC will help… In addition, I have waited for some comparison between the ordinary scuba thinsulate and Helly-Hansen Speiz Thermals.

You won't be disappointed with the MEC stuff. Anything I've bought there is still kicking, whereas similar items purchased elsewhere, has failed. MEC knows how to pick top notch quality in their lines.... it's what has made them so popular among Canadians.

Comparisons are going to be tough between the W-Pile and Thinsulate. They are theoretically (and physically similar) the same in the way they work, and in the way they are constructed. The Helly's are 390g ... but are fairly thin. I don't find them bulky at all.

Let me know how the Union suits work for you, and definitely let me know if you decide to go the full Monty and get the HH Spiez.

Good Luck!!

The weaver and devore page has HH stuff but doesn't seem to have the Speiz Thermals. I checked the Mark's website too and they don't have it listed. I guess I'll have to try the store.

sorry, this is the fleece one, the other one I posted had a nylon exterior: http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-R-B-FLEXI-DR...182523233QQcategoryZ73994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know who they produce for, if anyone, but the undies appear to be decent quality, from what I saw. I'm thinking of getting one of these for when I get my drysuit seals fixed, for early fall/late spring diving. The fleece is very thick, should be nice under my bilam. I have another set of DS undies, Diving Concepts TPS Extreme - a very nice, very warm Thinsulate suit, but not cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom