Drysuit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do I want the 100 or 200? I have zero knowledge of the fabric so I have no clue <shrug>

BTW Tom... the undergarments come with socks made of the same polarfleece and the are really nice... not just a tube sock but they have a sole and heel...

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

I use the 300 gr for 47~48F water.

OK, I don't need that much protection. My water will be 60 at the coldest most of the time. I wonder if the 100 will be enough?

Are the socks thick? I need to take up a bit of extra space in my boots. I guess I could get the socks made of 300.

Tom

This could get interesting...
Another vote here for layering, start off with some thin polypro tops & bottoms, that way you get a wicking action going when you start to sweat yer butt off.
I have customers in the Panhandle that went with a 100 wt Northern Diver Flectalon & they're too warm in that except for the coldest months. (into the 50's)
If you get undies that are too heavy, they'll sit in the closet 95% of the time because they're too warm. You can always throw another layer on underneath a thin set of undies, but a thick set will cook you unless the water's cold.
The military polartec I mentioned earlier would be WAY too warm for FL.

Polypro can be found online, for the Arctic weight polypros:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/show...tem_id=39318&ticket=4561739&urlseq=1028765210

and/or:
http://www.globalmart.com/clothing/thermalwear/libertymountain/index.htm

Originally posted by Bob3
I have customers in the Panhandle that went with a 100 wt Northern Diver Flectalon & they're too warm in that except for the coldest months. (into the 50's)

That makes good sense Bob. I think I'll go with the lightest version. I'm figuring in summer months, except for really deep/long dives I can just wear shorts and a tee shirt. That worked fine in my old suit (1/4" neprene)so should work with this one too. Mainly need the underwear as I'm planning on doing a fair amount of diving north of Canaveral in the future and it gets pretty cool up there.

Don't wanna be par boiled!

Tom

W_W,

I *think* you'll need a bit more than a tee-shirt and shorts
under your compressed-neoprene suit. Most of the insulative
value of the neoprene is gone when the bubbles are flattened.

I'd wear a thin-polypro, like a liner.

Originally posted by Green_Manelishi
W_W,

I *think* you'll need a bit more than a tee-shirt and shorts
under your compressed-neoprene suit. Most of the insulative
value of the neoprene is gone when the bubbles are flattened.

I'd wear a thin-polypro, like a liner.

Keep in mind I'm talking about 70 degree water for that particular setup.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom