Drysuit Undergarmets for "warmish" water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking for some advice on undergarmets for a trilaminate drysuit. The suit will be used in temperatures between 20C / 68F and about 24C / 75F. I know these temperatures may not sound cold, but when you consider that I will be diving in them nearly every day, 2 or 3 dives per day and lots of wind on the surface, I think a drysuit is a good option. I have already done northern red sea winter diving wet and I don't want to repeat it.

The Weezle compact is nice for 68 degrees, however by the time it gets to 75 degrees, I'd probably switch to sweat pants and some kind of warm shirt.

Terry

Wow. Whats wrong with me? I dive in 7 - 9 degree C weather with just a thermal-poly base layer (MEC style for skiing) and a 3/16" fleece upper and 50/50 NYCO BDU pants and i'm over-heating. I just ordered a Fourth Element SUBx layer for current PNW water temps at this time of year (5C water -2c air) and I'll test out this weekend...

I second the fourth element line. I use the Xerotherm line for the temps the OP suggested on a daily basis and it works great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom