Drysuit Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am in the market for new undergarments. What is the best undergarments out there for the frigid BC waters? Why?

Tyler

jepuskar:
:handball:

:25:

:sulkoff:

:bonk:
Short and to the point.

:popcorn: I'll go for the beer later.

DiveJedi, this is like saying what reg is best. When it comes to undies they are pretty much the same. Not exactly but close to the same. Everybody is different.
FWIW, I have the Bare t-100 and 100g microfleece. I have been down to 41 degrees for 45 minutes.

crpntr133:
FWIW, I have the Bare t-100 and 100g microfleece. I have been down to 41 degrees for 45 minutes.
and I would quite literately die doing that. I use either DUI 400gm or my Weezle Extreme +

JeffG:
and I would quite literately die doing that. I use either DUI 400gm or my Weezle Extreme +

Yeah, me too. The fact is, cold is cold. Using dry gloves and the best fitting hood you can find will help too. Good luck with your search. I am still looking and still getting cold but hey, I am still diving!:wink:

scubadobadoo:
Yeah, me too. The fact is, cold is cold. Using dry gloves and the best fitting hood you can find will help too. Good luck with your search. I am still looking and still getting cold but hey, I am still diving!:wink:
Heckl, I got drygloves and use electric heat when its gets cold :D

I recently bought the Pinnacle Merino-Evolution undergarment for use with my first dry suit. Any thoughts on how this compares to the DUI 400grm or Weezle Extreme +? The four dives I've done so far were all in 50F water and I was plenty, plenty warm. Just curious about how they'll feel as the water temps continue to drop around here.

Are you diving with a neophrene or shell suit? I have the pinnacle evolution shell dry suit with the pinnacle evolution undergarment rated for BC waters, and all I wear under it is long johns, t-shirt and wool socks and I am comfortable. Even at 100'

I have the undies that came with my old Whites drysuit (200g, I think) and then I layer under that with various thickness of micro fleece, depending on the temps. However, I dream of Weezles...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom