Drysuit undergarment alteration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any idea where I can get it done? I just bought a Dui 400g ultra thinsulate. I am 5'6" 135-140lb give or take, slim to average build. I bought Men size small, which I should get according to their size chart. The height of the suit fits well, but the width of the suit is ridiculous. It is way too wide in upper chest, waist, butt and thigh area. Only shoulder and sleeve seem to fit OK in the horizontal direction. I can still fit into my drysuit and move around, but overall very poor fit. Anyone know where I can do alternation?

Last edited:
Check with your local dry cleaner. They usually have someone that does alterations and repairs.

What fish said. I used a lady that makes high end custom wedding gowns to do alterations to my pinnacle merino undergarment. Quality work as reasonable cost. She has done other alterations for me as well on street clothes. A good tailor shop should be able to help you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Contact Gamblescuba.com, in Gainesville, Florida.....The owner Steve and his wife have been customizing, reparing dry/wet suits for years........

Thanks everyone. I will give give Narain's Outdoor a call.

J2s, this is the undergarment, not the actualy drysuit. Also, I want to have it done locally, so if measurement is needed, the professionals can do it, not myself.

Find a good seamstress or tailor. They work with more unusual and exotic materials than you might think. They are also more experienced at taking good measurements than anyone and working to those measurements.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I've always heard good things about this guy: Narains Outdoor and Sewing Quality Camping Equipment Repair Services (I haven't gone myself). My understanding is that he's well equipped to alter things that are insulated or otherwise made of weird materials.

I can second this. They do excellent quality work. Their background is in repairing, altering expedition gear such as tents and sleeping bags, where the quality of the work really matters. Not sure if they do garment alteration
through.

Back
Top Bottom