Drysuit repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian79z

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a technical diver, and I sent my DUI 200x to Indy Drysuit Repair. It has been 6 weeks. The township trustees are getting real upset since it has been 4 weeks overdue and we have a suit out of service. Indy has said that they are waiting on a new zipper, but DUI says that the zippers are not out of stock. Emails are not returned in a timely matter, and the last email has not been returned in over 6 days.

Should I be worried?
Has anyone had success with Indy Drysuit Repair?

Should I be worried?

I figure you already are, I would be too. How about having one of your officers reach out to the locals there, ask them to do PWT, and see if that helps things along.

we suppy the zipper to Indy Drysuit Repair
the zpper length is not the regualr one,we are also did not stock it,it cost our 7 days to produce the zipper and also cost 7 days to delivery from china to usa

I received the suit back shortly after my post here. The workmanship looks great. I tested it today and had no leaks at the zipper. Maybe only a couple of drops at the bottom of my back.

Is the zipper indeed a JQJ zipper or a BDM/YKK? It would be interesting to hear first hand the quality and price of the JQJ zippers.

Is the zipper indeed a JQJ zipper or a BDM/YKK? It would be interesting to hear first hand the quality and price of the JQJ zippers.

It is a JQJ. When I sent in the DUI 200x suit, I had no idea what brand zipper that was going to be put on it. The price was similar to a DUI public safety discount repair, but Indy had a better promised turnaround time. However that turnaround time failed when the owned of Indy said he was dealing with a personal injury as well as ordering the zipper. He have me a discount & free shipping in exchange for the delay.

The zipper appears fine. Only time will tell to see how durable it is. I suppose you wouldn't be in the business of selling these zippers if they failed every few dives. So I suspect this will work for awhile.. maybe longer.

It is a JQJ. When I sent in the DUI 200x suit, I had no idea what brand zipper that was going to be put on it. The price was similar to a DUI public safety discount repair, but Indy had a better promised turnaround time. However that turnaround time failed when the owned of Indy said he was dealing with a personal injury as well as ordering the zipper. He have me a discount & free shipping in exchange for the delay.

The zipper appears fine. Only time will tell to see how durable it is. I suppose you wouldn't be in the business of selling these zippers if they failed every few dives. So I suspect this will work for awhile.. maybe longer.

china also have qualited goods.
we supply 365 days waraanty for each JQJ zipper

china also have qualited goods.
we supply 365 days waraanty for each JQJ zipper

Where do I purchase this zipper. No info on the web site and you do not answer your PM's.

Ask pretty much anybody in the know (especially almost every Cave Diver) and you will get the same answer "call Steve".

On of the view times where value/cost and speed meet.

Gamble Scuba

The prices are more than fair and you will have your suit back before the other guys even start to work on it.

Back
Top Bottom