Drysuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brook, is the plastic ring from a replaceable neck seal system? I had to remove the SiTech Neck Tite system from my Fusion because of a similar problem with the mounting ring. The newer SiTech Quick Neck system is supposed to be an improvement.
Yes. it is the siTech Neck Tite system mounting ring that causes the problem. I didn't know there was a "Quick Neck" system. I'll have to check it out!

image.png
Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm just sad about Brooks issues.

Sounds like the suit is on the large size but if so not much can be done about that.
What under garments are you wearing?
Have you tried a neoprene sock inside the suit? Should take care of the boot issues.

I use the Fusion Boots and a wool sock. The boot example is just one example. I've also had creases across my forearms, back of knees, etc. It's just the nature of the suit.
That sounds like drysuit squeeze. Try adding more air to the suit, which could require more weight.
Yes. it is the siTech Neck Tite system mounting ring that causes the problem. I didn't know there was a "Quick Neck" system. I'll have to check it out!
Check with Mike at DRIS. Here's a link: The Dynamic QUICK NECK - SI-TECH

Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to gripe, I just wanted EmersonNZ to be aware of issues I've had. Decompression, I have neoprene socks. I'll give them a try. Tech3324,The drysuit squeeze is unavoidable because of the design of the suit. The Whites drysuit has a one-size-fits-all lining that is larger than the outer shell (which is stretchy). The idea is that the wearer will have the flexibility of a stretchy outer shell while the inner liner keeps you dry. It has it's flaws, though. I would have to inflate it to look like Decompression's profile picture in order to avoid any wrinkles in the lining.:wink: By the way, thank you for the "Quick Neck" link!

View attachment 368578 Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm just sad about Brooks issues.

Sounds like the suit is on the large size but if so not much can be done about that.
What under garments are you wearing?
Have you tried a neoprene sock inside the suit? Should take care of the boot issues.
I use the Whites undergarment with a Fourth Element thermal. Although I used a Sharkskin the other day and liked it better. I forgot to mention that one other issue is that the lining acts like one of those rubbermaid kitchen gloves and traps all kinds of condensation inside the suit so sometimes I wonder if I had a leak or if I really sweat that much. The Sharkskin seemed to keep me much drier. :)

Glad the sharkskin is working out, moisture is probably sweat, depending on season and workload I usually have some moisture with any of my suits. Let us know how things go.

When diving in warm or hot weather, I usually have a lot of dampness in my suit. I have dived more than a few times when the surface temperature was 100° F but the water was cool enough to demand a dry suit. I learned to do what I call the cormorant maneuver between dives. Drop the suit and let the moisture evaporate. It really helps if there is a light breeze.

Back
Top Bottom