Drysuit Purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been thinking about which drysuit to buy, and I've been thinking about a BARE drysuit. Does anybody have any suggestions or pros and cons they've found through experience with a BARE drysuit?

What type of diving do you plan on doing?

I'm in a similar situation and I've narrowed it down to either diving concepts or DUI based on recommendations from locals. I'll be doing wreck diving in the great lakes hopefully getting into technical diving.

My vote goes to the DUI CLX 450 if you are considering wreck diving...

MG

Whites Fusion.

I have been diving dry suits for about 15 years and have tried just about everything. The Fusion wins hands down for caves, wrecks and just general OW diving. It offers the equivalent of a custom fit that will still fit if you gain 10 lbs over the winter and/or change from light to heavy underwear and it offers more flexibility and range of motion than any other dry suit I have ever worn - and more than any wet suit thicker than 3mm.

The self entry zipper design is superb, the valves are si-tech, the seals are heavy duty latex and even with tech skin and pocket options it is less than just about any other decent quality dry suit.

Whites Fusion.

I have been diving dry suits for about 15 years and have tried just about everything. The Fusion wins hands down for caves, wrecks and just general OW diving. It offers the equivalent of a custom fit that will still fit if you gain 10 lbs over the winter and/or change from light to heavy underwear and it offers more flexibility and range of motion than any other dry suit I have ever worn - and more than any wet suit thicker than 3mm.

The self entry zipper design is superb, the valves are si-tech, the seals are heavy duty latex and even with tech skin and pocket options it is less than just about any other decent quality dry suit.

I agree with everything DA posted about the Fusion, you just cant go wrong IMO.

I'm trying to resist the tempation of purchasing a whites fusion myself.

Hi there,

Almost everyone I know and dive with uses a Fusion. I have about 200 dives on mine and it is without a doubt the most comfortable, streamlined, flexible dyruit that I have ever used!

As well, it is one of the best priced deysuits on the market.....you simply can't go wrong.

Cheers,

All 4 guys that I dive with have Bare XCD2's (3 pro's and 1 tech). The suits have been an excellent value and are VERY rugged.

2 of us have Rock Boots and 2 of us have the integrated vulcanized boot which is cheaper. If I had it to do over, I would go with the integrated boot. It's 2 less things to don (or forget for that matter) and 2 less things to rinse, pack etc. My reasoning for the rock boot is that I have skinny feet and ankles and there was quite a bit of volume that would fill with air. Knowing how to dive a drysuit properly, it would not have been an issue. For that matter, I actually prefer a little air in my feet for insulation and trim.

I bought a Bare NexGen Pro drysuit. I'm happy w/ it. Picked up the dry suit w/ the bare trek boots, suspenders installed, 7mm bare gloves, 7mm bare dry hood, dive rite gaitors (waste of money...), zipper stuff, and a bare t100 thermal for less than $1000 and that was all shipped to my door.

I only cave dive in N Florida caves........70º

I have used 3 dry suits: DUI TLS 350 stock altered, custom Santi and stock Fusion

The Santi was "worst" of the three. Stiff (couldn't even reach my tank valves),
trapped air, heavy, slow to dry, almost exhausted me to dive in it. But it didn't leak :)

DUI nice, could flex reasonably well, light, fast drying. Seemed to frequently have a leak but always minor. I always liked the suit.

White's Fusion extremely comfortable, light, dries fast, more flexible than any suit dry or wet I have ever owned. Absolutely no air movement issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom