Drysuit Poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
For those that have already seen this over on The Deco Stop...sorry for the repeat.....

Looking for information from folks who have purchased a new drysuit in the last few years. The information I am interested in is as follows:

- Date of purchase
- Drysuit Brand/Model (including "trim" level -- e.g., DUI's stock size, special production or signature series)
- Price you paid (please note if it was purchased under a keyman or similar discount program). Include any "extra" thrown in (underwear, gear bag, drysuit class, etc.)
- Key reasons for your choice of this particular suit (price, features, etc.)
- Would you buy the same suit again if buying today? If not, what type WOULD you buy?

Thanks.

-Chris

Northern Diver CNX this summer
$1800 with 100g undergarm, bag, hose, pool orientation, starter kit of wax
Features - compressed neoprene, titanium liner, neoprene neck and wrist warmers over latex seals, LDS loyalty
Would buy this suit again in a heartbeat

Chris

- Date of purchase
- Drysuit Brand/Model (including "trim" level -- e.g., DUI's stock size, special production or signature series)
- Price you paid (please note if it was purchased under a keyman or similar discount program). Include any "extra" thrown in (underwear, gear bag, drysuit class, etc.)
- Would you buy the same suit again if buying today? If not, what type WOULD you buy?

Whites Aqua Pro; Bi-laminate
Custom fit option, rear zip, latex seals, dry-cuffs, matrix pocket patch on leg, integrated vulcanized boots.
Comes with a BEAUTIFUL drysuit bag, zipper wax, whip.
About $1300 Canadian (about $950 US).

Bought this on a great sale at my local dive shop, which has a very good relationship with Whites. A wonderful suit for a good price; hit my price-performance curve at exactly the right spot. I got all the features I wanted, none I didn't want.

The custom-fit option is freakin' incredible; off-the-shelf suites fit me like crap - this one is absolutely perfect. A friend of mine has the exact same suit, and it is still going as of 450 dives - he had the latex seals replaced recently, and there are some (non-leaking) cracks in the boots, which are replaceable, after all.

Most people go with Whites suits here in Vancouver, since they're local (Vancouver Island). I may be in the minority, but I even love the black-and-white grizzly bear logo on the knee pads! Grrr! (You can get black knee pads too.)

I would get the same suit again.

C.

Can I ask what you will be doing with the info?

why are you asking?

Hallmac

- Date of purchase

May 2003

DUI TLS350 Signiture Series

$1900 or so, SS includes hood, pockets kevlar knee pads hose and bag.

Hated my ill fitting USIA suit and got a large tax refund.

Yes, but I'd also take a serious look at the Diving Concepts suit that fifthD is selling, I think it has a better cut than the DUI suits.

ERP once bubbled...
- Date of purchase

May 2003

DUI TLS350 Signiture Series

$1900 or so, SS includes hood, pockets kevlar knee pads hose and bag.

Hated my ill fitting USIA suit and got a large tax refund.

Yes, but I'd also take a serious look at the Diving Concepts suit that fifthD is selling, I think it has a better cut than the DUI suits.

September 22 (haven't rec'd it yet)

Same suit as ERP...TLS350 Signature series...

Same price (within $100) as ERP

Why: It came well recommended by many

Would I do it again? I haven't a clue...It won't arrive until late October. And, I've never dived dry, but can't wait!

- Date of purchase
September 17th, 2003

- Drysuit Brand/Model
DUI CLX-50/50 (not FLX 50/50) Signature Series

- Price you paid
$1,895

- Key reasons for your choice
Reputation as one of the (if not THE) finest suits made

- Would you buy the same suit again if buying today?
Yes, but then I haven't even got the suit yet.

- Date of purchase
June 2003 (another board member (thanks Soggy) sold it to me. To big for him, perfect fit for me

Bare ATR HD, all black with forearm exhaust valve

$800.00 (good deal) pickup a pair of 200g Polartec undies from SoftWear too.

Great price, good fit had all the right stuff in the right places.

I've heard good things about the DUI suits, I may try that nice time. But I'm VERY happy with the BARE!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom