Drysuit or wetsuit??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireTrkX

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok....I plan on coming to dive the QAR in June.

Is a drysuit necessary?

If no drysuit, what thickness wetsuit?? I have a 6/6 farmer john...is this too much??

Thanks!!!!

dry in june isn't necessary, but i'm sure it's been done. if you're cold-natured, it would certainly be safest.

let's see - in june, water's just starting to get warm. air is usually quite warm. qar is shallow. i'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of a 5mm would be right. the 6 john & jacket might be overkill, but you can always pull the neck open & cool off a bit. i'd say the 6 is fine unless you're hot natured.

i hope you have a blast!

I've dove offshore into late June in a drysuit before (I was between wetsuits). It's not needed unless you are extremely cold natured. It can even be downright miserable getting in and out of if you dive on a particularly warm day.

You'll find most people here diving 3 or 5 mil wetsuits in the summer. You'll be fine in your 6mil farmer john. You may even end up just diving one piece of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom