Drysuit Opinions - DUI TLS350 vs. Diving Concepts UltraFlex Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Side question - how much bigger are the DUI RockBoots when compared to typical cold-water wetsuit booties? Am I going to need to buy new fins?

I wear medium Mares fins with simple thin Mares booties (my pool setup)
I wear Large Dive Rite fins or XL Jet Fins with my SeaSoft booties (big, thick). I can wear the same fins with my DUI TurboSoles.
When I tried DUI RockBoots (size 10) my XL Jet Fins fit, but barely. XXL would have been much better. I didn't own the Dive Rites at the time but I highly doubt they would have fit.

Those are the compressed neoprene gloves...aren't they? I never heard anything good about them.

They are great and easy to repair. Just buy some PVC cement from your local hardware store.

I have the DC gloves on my two suits.

You are correct, they are crushed neoprene. Complete garbage. But, at least they seemed to realize the problem and moved to the smurf gloves. Its just too bad that some of us had to buy the gloves twice, when they should have just sucked it up and swapped them.

I have both the DC suit and a TLS350. I like the DUI much better. It fits better than the DC and seems better made. The pockets on the Diving Concepts suit disintegrated and fell apart after one season (pockets are made from a lightweight nylon). Also had horrible customer service from DC when I had problems.

My backup is an UltraFlex Pro. It is tough. It's almost as heavy as a crushed neoprene suit.

I don't have any direct experience with DUI repair service, but in the last year I have heard sever people complain loudly about poor, slow and expensive service from them. The one time I had to send my DC suit in, the work was done well, quickly and at a reasonable price.

I had alterations done on my DUI FLX 50/50 and I had no complaints with service. They did what they said they would and on time. The suit came back with no leaks and the service was done properly.

The service was inexpensive but then again nothing on a dry suit is inexpensive.

I definitely do lots of shore diving, so sure - let's throw the CLX450 into the mix. I know several people with that suit who like it a lot.

Side question - how much bigger are the DUI RockBoots when compared to typical cold-water wet suit booties? Am I going to need to buy new fins?

I have SeaSoft wet suit booties. The DUI rock boots fit the same size fin.

For most other booties you will probably end up one size larger.

You also might want to consider the SeaSoft SunRay boots instead of the DUI Rock Boots. I have used both and I prefer to use the SeaSoft SunRay booties with my DUI FLX 50/50 dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom