Drysuit Measurement Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronanm98

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying my first drysuit. My club buys thems through a distributor for all members at a discount price for group orders, off the peg only.

I want to buy the Membrane version. From the the size chart, I measured up around Medium Large Short (M/L/Sht) & Medium Large (M/L).

I am 5'7¾" in height and 12st,4lb weight. With the M/L/Sht size, the height range ends at 5'7" and with the M/L size, it starts at 5'8".

I tried on both drysuits that belong to my friends with a 200 gram undersuit and they were both fine except the only difference was 2" more in legs and 1" in Arms with the Med/Large. I did all the exercises to test them out for any restrictions without any problem. It's just that the M/L is a bit loose in leg and slight in arms. Both suits are the same in body loop, chest, waist, etc.

I talked with Distributor about this and they recommended the M/L. I dunno, maybe they are thinking that I am going to grow or put on more weight.

Some of the guys who bought the M/L and are 5'10" in height say that it's baggy in legs for them.

Am I right in say that the drysuit should be as streamlined as possible!

Does anybody have any good advice to what suit I should choose! I would appreciate any help.

Thanks Ro.

Sounds like you have all the info that you need. There is no repalcement for trying it on. You are better off with less material if it fits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom