Drysuit Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNTdiver

Reaction score
I have had my DUI TLS350 (trilaminate) suit for about as long as I can remember and I believe, as sad as it is to day, that I need a new one. Due to frequent wreck penetrations, I have started to place patches over patches. I enjoyed the suit so much that I plan on getting another one. However, this is where my question lies. Does anyone have any other recommendations of drysuits that are very similar to the TLS 350? Thanks for your time.

CNTdiver:
I have had my DUI TLS350 (trilaminate) suit for about as long as I can remember and I believe, as sad as it is to day, that I need a new one. Due to frequent wreck penetrations, I have started to place patches over patches. I enjoyed the suit so much that I plan on getting another one. However, this is where my question lies. Does anyone have any other recommendations of drysuits that are very similar to the TLS 350? Thanks for your time.

Not as heavy as the 200, dries almost as fast as the 350, packs almost as compact as the 350, and has a tough cordura outer skin?

---
Ken

I understand your sadness. After 17 years, and about 1800 dives, my TLS350 just went to DUI for a wellness check and re-conditioning. A couple of years ago, after putting patches on my TLS350 I invested in a DUI Flex 50/50 suit to use during wreck diving and in conditions that could potentially damage my 350. The bottom of the 50/50 is DUI's crushed neoprene with kevlar kneepads and the top is the tri-laminate material. The suit is a bit heavier (weight-wise) than the TLS 350, but much more rugged.

Hi Ryan, Glad to hear you like your DUI TLS350. Sorry to hear you need to replace it. DUI dysuits rock, they're the best. I agree with Frogman48, about a more rugged DUI Flex 50/50 drysuit, if you're going to continue to do frequent wreck penetrations. If you have any more questions, you should ask my good friend Susan Long. She is very helpful in answering questions and getting her customers into the right drysuits. I haven't been diving yet, but I will be someday soon. My dive is just going to take more work than the average dive. Take care and safe diving. Matt

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

CNTdiver:

Ryan, I know it's not a DUI, but have you looked at the Bare HD ATR. They are worth looking at, (save a few dollars, anyway). I have one that has 250 or 300 dives on it and it's still in near new looking. I also know a few people that have them and have as many or more dives on them as I do and have had no troubles with them. They are worth the time to look at.

Yea man, Kens right, get something like a CLX450 with a full Cordura cover. Those things are bullet proof. Diving Concepts makes an awesome one too.

Back
Top Bottom