Drysuit glove leakage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

engdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had problems with drysuit glove leakage. I use the quick clamp style gloves with adapter rings. Every dive so far I have had problems with leakage. I have checked the rings and they appear tight inside the glove and inside the drysuit cuff. Am I doing something wrong?

I had that problem with Diving Concepts gloves. I never figured out if it was the ring system or the gloves. I gave up on them and I now just use wet gloves.

No holes that I can detect in the gloves. Both gloves appear to do the same thing. Sometimes one will not leak during the dive. Other times they seem to leak as soon as I get wet. I do not equalize the gloves with the drysuit. Is this required?

Does that type of glove have a liner? The liner may be getting caught in the clamp--mine do that on occasion. I use a pair of thinsulate winter shooting gloves under mine now, they have a very short cuff (they are a youth size though) that isn't as prone to getting caught when I seal the gloves. I folded the cuffs on my regular liners and sewed them so they would be shorter.
Ber :lilbunny:

They did come with a glove liner. I have dived without the liner to see if it made any difference. It did not. I am careful to make sure the o-ring is not curled or pinched when putting them on also.
I am considering trying them in the pool and looking for bubbles.

Do the gloves look a bit like dishwashing gloves? Mine have a bit of cuff that sticks below where the glove attached to the ring. I fold this cuff toward the fingers because it can get caught in the seal also.

engdiver:
Has anyone had problems with drysuit glove leakage. I use the quick clamp style gloves with adapter rings. Every dive so far I have had problems with leakage. I have checked the rings and they appear tight inside the glove and inside the drysuit cuff. Am I doing something wrong?

Its very common to Roll the O-Ring out of its groove. It may seem perfectly fit and tight yet it happens all the time on our boat. A very light sheen of silicone on the O-RING helps to prevent it from pulling out.

They are blue gloves outside like the Bare Dry glove system with yellow polymer gloves.
I have been tucking the excess glove cuff under the suit ring cuff when I put them on. I will try and fold them under instead.

I bet folding them under will work, I found it's really hard to get the things to tuck right. Getting them completely out of the way worked best for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom