Drysuit Front Zipper Location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric...

It was my intention to avoid brands...but my custom tailored DUI CF 200 Signature has a telescopic waist and front horizontal zipper...very easy to get on and off...and with the integrated suspenders...the bottom portion of the suit will stay in position when the top portion is down on the dive boat...the telescopic waist eliminates struggling while donning and doffing the top portion of the suit...my suit also has a protective outer zippered flap which provides protection for the ''dry zipper''...

I also have a BARE semi-dry with a front horizontal T-Zip dry zipper...I have not seen a front horizontal zipper on a dry-suit...

The former ''Whites'' now Aqua-Lung...I believe...have a front zipper...that zips from shoulder...to sternum...to shoulder...but all other front zippers...I'm aware of...are horizontal...left shoulder...to right hip...brass dry zippers are delicate...I can see ''leak'' problems developing from kinking in a shoulder to shoulder design...where a brass dry zipper is used...

Again...try on the variations available...find what's comfortable for you...

Best...

Warren...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom