DrySuit for Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on getting a drysuit. I'm sure you'll find it worth the time, effort and expense you put into getting it. Let us know how you find the quality and fit of the brand you got after you've tried it out!

This is a post which I must admit to following with some interest because a few of us smaller males will have similiar probs. In my case 5ft 6" tall (or should that be short!), 36" chest, 28" waist and about 34" hips with size 7 (UK) feet.

Ian

... the main problem I have with the fit is the size of the chest in relation to the size of the hips. Many women tend to have larger hips than chest. Men seem to have the opposite. Wetsuits/drysuits are made to the mans' specs not the womans'.
With your measurements you should fit a small or extra small depending on the manufacturer. DUI have some 350's on sale in your size!!
I wanted a shell suit but without paying a fortune I could'nt get one in my measurements. This is why I've opted for a crushed neoprene ( a little more stretch/give across the hips ).
I know that eventually the dive industry will see the light an start making suits to fit women like me :D

barb once bubbled...
....I know that eventually the dive industry will see the light an start making suits to fit women like me :D

And I hope it's soon! I've got a drysuit that fits me now, but only after significant alteration. I wish it wasn't so hard to find scuba gear sized and SHAPED for women!

This has been a very informative thread.

I plan on buying a drysuit next year (just bought all my other gear sans tank this year). What do we have to do to make manufacturers realize no one is average? Anyone who has been at DEMA this year have an opinion?

:confused:

Aquagal

:devious: it's a conspiracy by the dive manufacturers to get women to spend more money on their exposure suits !!!!
DUI charges an extra $400. for custom cut suits.
Often, women don't have much choice but to pay the money. Notice the limited selection of sizes for women? I find this not just irritating but suspicious.

Abyss makes a very nice drysuit custom fitting only $50.00 cdn and they only take 2 - 3 weeks, they also use Apek's valves. A very well made suit. Made here in Canada.

(Japanese company) makes off-the rack dry suits for women, but I don't know if they do so for the overseas market. Their sizing system is based upon standard issue dress sizes and height (if you're a size 7, for example, you can be a size 7 short, medium, or tall). I think the largest size they sold is 13, which I think is about a size 10 US, which is going to fit most Japanese female divers (at least, the ones I see in Izu, anyway). This might not be helpful to many of the posters here, but I wanted to point out there ARE dive gear companies that do their homework! :)

My drysuit arrived from the UK.
Unfortunately, it does'nt fit so now I have to sell it to someone else. Too bad it's a nice suit in good condition.
Now I'm back to searching. Meanwhile all my friends with drysuits are still diving and all I can do is watch their bubbles;-0

Barb, you dont need to watch them.......just keep on diving in your wet suit. Christmas is just arround the corner....start leaving hints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom