Drysuit fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtwtdvr

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" 265 lbs., I just purchased a Drysuit from a yard sale, it's an XXL, it's very baggy and seems to big for me, any thoughts on how these things should fit? In other words, is to big going to be a problem in the water? Thanks.

What sort of undergarments?

Dry suits are really baggy if you are not wearing the under garments.

Essentially, when wearing the undergarments you need enough lenght in the torso so that you can fully bend you legs so that your butt is as cloe to your heels as possible and then bend your neck and body as far forward as they will go. if the suit restrains your flexibility duringthis maneuver, it's too restrictive and will interfere with things like recovering from an air in the feet situation and removing and replacing your fins underwater. Neoprene suits are more forgiving in this situation as the fabric has come stretch and a timmer fit is preferrable. Trilams will not give an inch and you need some bagginess in the torso.

As far as the fit of the legs, too much space in them is a bad thing as it will allow air to flow and collect there and that can leave you floating upside down.

The fit of the arms is less important and in fact you need a slight bit of bagginess in the upper arm to allow room for airflow out the exhaust valve.

Back
Top Bottom