drysuit dump and zipper lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
can anyone tell how drysuit dumps are supposed to work and what i can use to lube up the zipper..i just bought a sub-aquatic dry suit for 80.00 and believe it or not it doesnt leak and it fits just fine..tank ya

ok, not trying to be mean or anything, and definatly dry is the way to go if you ask me, but maybe a class is in order for learning how to use the drysuit. I mean that's a big thing-knowing how to use the dumps on accent or if the inflator gets stuck.
How mine work is I can turn it so that it's all the way open-meaning any squeeze pushes the air out the vent. I can then turn the valve so that it takes more squeeze to push air out. Keeps turning till it stops turning, and it's cracked down all the way. Then I actually have to push on the valve - like purging the reg-to manually vent air. It's that simple, but practice it and have someone at least show you the vent/unhook/roll manuver.
The wax can be found in almost any lds. It looks like the glue for a hot glue gun or a big clear crayon.

Best advise to you regarding your dry suit is to go to your favorite dive shop and take a specialty course in dry suit use and care. Personaly, I never use lube on my dump or inflator valve. They are well flushed and cleaned after each use. Any good zipper
wax/lube purchased at your dive shop will be OK. Would also suggest that you have your dry suit serviced by a qualified tech before you use it.

Back
Top Bottom