Drysuit Compression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can get drysuit hickeys on your...

Ok...since someone has brought it up...

I just restarted diving after a few years gap while a whole lot o' life happened. Part of which is I now have a cardiologist who's got me on blood thinners. I've been expecting some impressive drysuit hickeys from that, but so far that hasn't been the case.

If there are any doctors watching this thread, I'd love to hear their comments on the health implications of drysuit hickeys.

The rest of you feel free to just make drysuit hickey jokes, this board is a bit tame IMHO.:D

Ok...since someone has brought it up...

I just restarted diving after a few years gap while a whole lot o' life happened. Part of which is I now have a cardiologist who's got me on blood thinners. I've been expecting some impressive drysuit hickeys from that, but so far that hasn't been the case.

If there are any doctors watching this thread, I'd love to hear their comments on the health implications of drysuit hickeys.

The rest of you feel free to just make drysuit hickey jokes, this board is a bit tame IMHO.:D
Dont worry about the drysuit hickeys, worry about how your nuts is gonna feel if you let the suit squeeze hard enough :eek:

Fdog speaks the truth. In addition, the opposite issue can also be a problem -- that is, allowing the suit to get too inflated can be dangerous. As with Fdog, I had a real life experience with this. A training exercise went bad and I started a feet first ascent wearing doubles and a deco bottle. As I tried to reach my butt dump, the wing expanded so far that it trapped my left arm against the deco bottle and prevented me from reaching the dump. By that time the suit had expanded enough to expand my attached boots at which point my feet came out of the boots/fins. By the time I hit the surface I was the Pillsbury Dough Boy -- arms straight out and locked, legs and feet blown up with no fins -- I couldn't move!

Once my teammate stopped laughing he came over, righted me and helped put me back together.

I thought that only happened on cartoons.
Add Trimix and you would've flown to the clouds......

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 02:04 PM ----------

The Christmas story also comes to mind.

I haven't had my boys squeezed yet, nor have I had any hickeys from the squeeze. I really don't notice a whole bunch of difference once the real squeeze is removed. Unless I'm on the surface and I've inflated the suit. Just something I noticed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom