Drysuit Color Change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan

Contributor
Reaction score
Having no experience with this, I thought I would ask you guys a dumb question first: has anyone ever painted their drysuit before? I have a black rubber Nokia suit with some blue in the center and I was wondering if there was any way I could make it all black? Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

diverryan:
Having no experience with this, I thought I would ask you guys a dumb question first: has anyone ever painted their drysuit before? I have a black rubber Nokia suit with some blue in the center and I was wondering if there was any way I could make it all black? Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

Option 1 Black Duct Tape .............. when it gets nasty and gummy --- put more on...........

Option 2 you can do what the old wreck divers did ..... get a black mechanics jumpsuit and put it over the whole thing ..... it protects the rubber suit ..... but it weighs a ton climbing out of the water .............

option 3 .... new suit ..............

Dive On ......

JDS

diverryan:

I would not painted a drysuit the paint may damage the rubber and when the paint start lifting it would look even worst. I know guys who have use permanent marker before I would guess that the chemical in the marker may also be bad for the suit.
I know a nice black Dry suit looks pretty cool but it not worth taking a chance damaging the suit. The fishs don't care how you look anyway, if your suit is good keep diving with it until it leak to a point when it's time to buy a new Super cool black dry suit.

Cheers

Check with a silkscreening supply shop. They should be able to sell or steer you in the right direction. They have inks that are compatable with rubber.

Hyper-limits:
I would not painted a drysuit the paint may damage the rubber and when the paint start lifting it would look even worst. I know guys who have use permanent marker before I would guess that the chemical in the marker may also be bad for the suit.
I know a nice black Dry suit looks pretty cool but it not worth taking a chance damaging the suit. The fishs don't care how you look anyway, if your suit is good keep diving with it until it leak to a point when it's time to buy a new Super cool black dry suit.

Cheers

Yeah, I completely see your point. I just did not know if anyone has done it sucessfully (that is without damages). Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom