Drysuit BDM zipper - repair possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harakiri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,
Long time lurker here. I need some advice after purchasing a used drysuit recently. I have a Pinnacle Evolution3 that looks in great condition.

Tested it out today and found my chest, back and thighs got wet and I couldn't understand why as the neck and wrist seals were fine. So I inverted the drysuit and put it on cardboard then filled it with water, and I find leaks occurring at the start and end of the zipper.

I look at the entire zipper more closely and find that 2" from the start and end of the zipper, there are small areas of worn off laminate next to the teeth (see images). The rest of the zipper's sealing edges are in great condition.

I want to know if it is possible to repair this somehow with some sealant? I'm only looking for a temporary fix to get through this winter (say 20 dives) before I look at replacing the zipper.

As a last resort, I would consider Aqauasealing the first and last 2" to make the zipper shorter...I'd still be able to get in and out of the drysuit albeit with a bit more difficulty...or is this crazy?

I am not sure sealant is going to help, worth a try thou.
IMO you will have to replace the zip $$$$
The previous owner IMO shafted you, he knew it leaked....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom