Drysuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are looking at a way to save a little money you might want to consider a neoprene drysuit. They are a bit heavier and take longer to dry, but on the up side they provide more insulation and are able to stretch some when reaching for things. I have the Bare XCD2 Tech suit and I could not be happier with it. I did not get any pockets, and in hindsight I wold recommend you get at least one thigh pocket. I hope this helps...

kpdivers mentioned heading over to the scuba connection ... may be a good idea since they can measure you up and assist you with ideas between different companies and price points ...

buying used is an option but keep in mind how important fit is

northeast scuba supply has a few suits left on the dive rite 905 clearance (small sizes) for $699 ... NO ON anywhere will beat that for a $2000 suit ...

as for whites, i know several people who have ordered whites and after they screwed up the cut of the suit multiple times, they canceled the order ...

as for BARE ... the newest HD trilam is the single MOST durable trilam to date and DUI can't touch the material (YET)

DUI are nice but if you are the type of person who needs to pay for the name than great, if not, than why bother?

Mike at DIVERIGHTIN is VERY helpful ... but if you are in NY, how are you going to get FIT correctly?

i have no problem reminding you that these are my opinions only and others will agree or disagree, i only speak from my experience and my friends expereince.

Mike at DIVERIGHTIN is VERY helpful ... but if you are in NY, how are you going to get FIT correctly?

I was worried about this myself when I first started looking at purchasing a drysuit online. Mike took the time to answer all my questions and then e-mailed me a size form with about 2 dozen different measurements he needed for the suits. You can either get a friend to help you or take it to a tailor and have them measure.

It was easy and we ended up with two great fitting suits.

Dont be hesitant buying a drysuit online....I cant speak for everyone, but we have a measurement form that we send you, you go to a tailor or have someone measure for you. Its not that hard. As Rand said, we have done it many many times...and they come out perfect.

The thing about drysuits is they dont have to be exact, you have a margin of error due to needing more material so you can move. Usually if someone botches a suit, it was measured completely wrong, or it was cut wrong. We have never had a problem and have shipped suits overseas, all over US, even to soldiers that where in Iraq :D

So dont worry about buying online....whether you came to my store or to a tailor, we use the same measurements. There are more qualifying questions we may ask to get you what you need, but.....you will get the best fitting suit possible. Check our Hourly Special today after 11am today :wink:

Here he is:

beags.jpg

Sorry skip...but I would not buy a drysuit online...I have to try it on and bend over and touch my toes and make sure I can get my woolies on in it. That one looks like it has a bit too much slack in the legs.
Good Luck
O

He didnt put the suspenders on because he was trying to get the picture done....Iraq is a pretty hot country :wink: You would be surprised at how the suspenders make it all fit alot better.....

NOTE TO ALL: ALWAYS make sure you have the suspenders on when trying on a suit, this is something most people dont think it matters....it makes a HUGE difference

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom