Drysuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timhughes

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a drysuit, trilaminate probably because they are lightweight. Any thoughts on good makes that arent too expensive ? i like the DUI suits but they cost a lot.

If you're on a tight budget, you may have to look at used ones and usually good quality trilams can cost 400-600 usually used on the internet auctions. You can also look at the DUI website under products and they list factory closeouts there at reduced prices in certain sizes and they usually update that list weekly. But DUI, Bare, Body Glove, Pinnacle and Typhoon make great TriLams..also depending on what size you are, check with dealers on Dive Rite 905's, they are on a closeout pricing due to new models coming out in 6 weeks...good luck

Look at the whites Fusion. They run about $1300 new, $1700 with a tech skin and pockets and are exceptional suits.

Look at the whites Fusion. They run about $1300 new, $1700 with a tech skin and pockets and are exceptional suits.

As usual I agree with DA. I tried several suits, including having one on extended loan from my LDS for a few months, and ended up buying the Fusion. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Don't know where you are in New York, but if in the city area or within 20 minutes north or east, or so, might be worth an 80 minute trip to The Scuba Connection in Hillsborough, NJ to listen to a team of professionals on the pros and cons / features and benefits, of many different suits.

I would talk to Mike Pederson at Dive Right In Scuba.

He took the time to discuss the different types/brands of drysuits and helped find me and my wife suits that more than suit our needs. I ended up with a Pinnacle Freedom and my wife got a Pinnacle Evo1. We are both very happy with the entire process and purchase.

Mike can be reached on Scuba Board here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/dive+right+in+scuba.html

Dive Right In Scuba's website is: Dive Right In Scuba - Store Main Page - Plainfield, IL

Pinnacle and Dive Rite are both real nice. Also look at the DUI shoulder-entry (TLS-SE) suits, they're pretty cheap for a trilaminate as long as you're OK with rock boots.

DUI makes a great suit but if you are looking for something a little more affordable you should consider Bare (nice suit but not the most durable in my experience) Body Glove (I'm pretty sure they only make one model so not many options but my friend likes his) and Dive Rite (great suits and they come with a thigh pocket).

Pinnacle and Dive Rite are both real nice. Also look at the DUI shoulder-entry (TLS-SE) suits, they're pretty cheap for a trilaminate as long as you're OK with rock boots.

The TLS can be purchased with turbo soles or rock boots. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom