Drying & Post Dive with Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have noticed that condensation is increasing with dropping water temp … just did a week of diving in 11 degree (50F).
So question of drying arises … (at end of week at least) … what do you guys do, do you turn inside out … after drying the outside (or inside first ?)

Any special tips … I did look at the ‘dry suits dryer’ posts here, but not made anything yet.
Also looked at Hangair DS … but can’t yet get confirmation if these use brushless motors (brushed gives off ozone, which would degrade latex seals)

Also be interested in how you look after it …. My sequence is …

Pre 1st dive I wax the zip and talc the seals.
After end of a trip hose down suit, dry it (right side out) over a simple laundry drying rack.
After a week long rip or every 20 dives I go over the seals with ‘seal saver’

Welcome tips from those who have dived Fusion on a regular basis.

at the end of each dive day for me I like to turn mine inside out. If I cannot leave it hang somewhere to dry the inside I will dry it off with a towel and then turn it right side out and put it back in the bag until the next day. I just do not want the inside to get funky... I also wax my zipper before the first dive of the day and then not again that day unless it is going to be more than 3 dives. After a day of diving at a local quarry I take mine home, put the drygloves on it and close the neck seal by hand and then just dunk it in my wash tub a few times. It I have a nasty spot on it I may try to scub it by hand to get it out. Then I turn it inside out and hand it over a PVC bar to dry. After a few hours I flip it right side out and let the outside dry...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom