Drying gloves and boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put mine on a UK accessory hangar and stick my dehumidifier under them blowing up into them. The dehumidifier is great for drying all the gear in the room, really. It's a bit on the expensive side to buy just for drying gear but I have a few to keep my house humidity down.

419ac73e877593c6743eb07b8dc50766e5067051_800x800.jpg

I cut the bottom out of some plastic cups. Stick'em in the gloves / boots and stand / hang'em upside down.

You stole my idea!!!

I am sure I stole it from many places. I suppose it is one of those “concurrent inventions” that is constantly “rediscovered”. I was surprised when a couple of friends saw mine and thought it was such a cool “new” idea. I have seen these things made of various materials since the early 1960s.

My dive instructor had wooden pegs sticking out of the wall of an old barn in his yard. There was a diver/pipefitter when I was in the Navy that made one out of scrap 1" stainless steel tubing… man was that a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. A boatswain’s mate made one out of white cotton line with wooden pins sticking out.

two by six with dowels to stick them upside down so they drip dry

The best advice I can offer is to stick the pipe/dowel/rod into the thing you want to dry to measure. Wetsuit boots take surprising long posts, less for gloves, short for fin hooks etc.

I was joking of course...When I was a kid I made a special holder for my hooded vest. A really long vertical piece with a wide top so it would hang perfectly suspended.

I have a milk crate hanging up in a covered, shady spot in my backyard, plenty of warmth during the day but no direct sunlight. I rinse my gear then throw it all in the crate. Then after a few days I empty the crate back into my dive bag. Sometimes I forget and my gear lives in the crate for a while, but it's out of direct sun so it's probably not the worst spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom