Drying gear in a hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This stuff works well too....

703-DEFAULT-m.jpg

I second the Mirazyne that Onespeed mentioned. It works great at killing any smell in dive gear. (even gear that sat wet in a dive bag for a couple days driving back from the keys in summer time heat.)

just put some in your rise water and let your gear soak.

D_B:
Fans .. here is an idea that others have used and it does decrease the drying time by a lot .. http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detai..._ID=UK_Hangair

that plug into 110v or use batteries?

Lots of good thoughts, I would add two....

When we use the balcony railing to air dry wetsuits, I always tie off the zipper pull strap to the rail so the wind can't blow it off the balcony...

After diving, rinse and then stuff your booties with crumpled up newspaper, they will be bone dry in the morning, capillary action of the newspaper will literally suck the water out of the booties.....

Hope this helps.....M

I always take the gear into the shower/tub with me, as soon as we get back to the room. Everything gets a good rinse, then I hang up the wetsuits inside out - that way even if everything doesn't dry out 100 percent, I'm not putting on damp neoprene next to my skin early in the morning.

Regs and computers get a good long soak in the sink.

We pack a small (eight or nine inch) fan in a square housing that folds flat for travel. The air movement will do a lot to accelerate the drying process. I've also had pretty good luck propping dive boots upside down over the air vent on the room AC.

:DThanks Everybody!

Lots of good advice.

Any other trick and tips for several consecutive days of diving?

Marty- I'm going to fight it, but I'll let it live. :scubadive::jaws:

As mentioned before, many dive operators will keep your gear overnight. Again, in the keys it's mostly sunny so hang it or drape it on the furniture on your balcony. Be sure to rinse it first. I carry plastic automotive clips to use as clothes pins. Keeps the gear from blowing around and stronger than regular clothespins.

I second the Mirazyne that Onespeed mentioned. It works great at killing any smell in dive gear. (even gear that sat wet in a dive bag for a couple days driving back from the keys in summer time heat.)

just put some in your rise water and let your gear soak.

that plug into 110v or use batteries?
yeah, Yeah Yeah .. the link to MyraZyme is in my first post :wink:

... good idea on the paper :)

... "Safe, low voltage power is supplied to the waterproof hanger fan through a tough 15 foot cord attached to a universal power 100/240 VAC wall adapter."

I've always preferred to rinse my gear and leave it in the dive operators' gear lockers (most of the ops in the keys provide this service). Be careful though...one time when I retrieved my gear the next day I had a scorpion in my bootythat was not very happy I decided to evict him from his newfound home.

If you're diving everyday, a quick rinse at the dock is all that is needed to rinse off a bit of salt and whatever else. Same for your regulators and computer and camera.

Once you're done diving for the trip, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more. Soak the camera, computer and regulators in the sink. Change the water a couple times. When in doubt, taste the equipment / gear. If it tastes salty at all, then keep rinsing.

Don't forget to thoroughly rings the inside of the BC. Rinse, drain, rinse, drain, rinse, drain... taste the water coming out... if you couldn't drink it, then keep rinsing.

Soak the boots as long as possible, save your Sink the Stink or whatever for boots and wetsuits. More so for boots. When you're done, if you've used the Sink the Stink stuff, don't rinse it after that otherwise you'll rinse the good chemicals away. Just follow the directions and hang things up.

For the boots, stuff it full of newspapers and change the paper a couple or three times.

Hang stuff where it'll get some breeze and sun if you can. Keep it hung up inside after you bring it in if it was outside during the evening. Don't let stuff sit outside overnight.

Don't leave anything in the car overnight as it'll ripen and get nasty even during the days you are diving... better to keep stuff at the dock in the locker than inside the closed car... don't forget you have to drive that car back to the airport... ooppffff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom