Drying boots of flooded drysuit - solutions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIY for me. 1½" PVC. Bottom frame glued. Legs slip fit in. The feet have 90° elbows and a short stub.
Slip the legs into the suit and invert the suit, feet up. Slip the PVC into the base.

The base is glued and capped PVC, with a shower floor drain added. A super cheap, super quiet, super low energy 12V computer cooling fan is glued to the drain cover. Random old power supply runs the fan. Doesn't move a lot of air, but what little it moves is enough to dry inside the suit overnight.

Also the TriDri:

I have a set of two TriDris and they are great. Two units fit into my Santi Drybag under the drysuit. You don't need a separate hanger, just set your drysuit feet up against a wall.
I use a small 6000mAh cell phone battery bank to power them. That lasts for a few hours, enough to dry the suit completely.
DIY is a viable option, but I can recommend TriDry with its telescopic tubing for easy storage.
Using fans that can be powered with regular USB power like tridri fans is also a good idea to copy from TriDri. Power banks are cheap and make a super easy power source also when traveling.

I hang my suit by the boots and place my boot dryer hoses not the rear entry to circulate warm dry air through out the suit after 4 or 5 hrs the suit fries up pretty good also taking a fan and lying it down works

upload_2018-4-5_23-52-18.png

My drysuit is right now drying in my bathroom exactly like this. The image from Antartic expedition is just much cooler.
The Tridri is a very simplistic solution, and it does it's job very well.

Last edited:
The Tridri is very simplistic solution, and it does it's job very well.

I found that link that I posted a long time ago and kept a mental note, but never bought a TriDri. I just recall thinking it was a cleverly designed solution. I may still buy one (or two).

I may still buy one (or two).

Buy two if you decide to buy. That makes hanging your drysuit (like A against a wall) convenient. It also dries both feet at the same time, while chatting in scubaboard :)

I just hang it upside down by the boots with this kind of hanger, and place a small fan or--if the garage is cold--a small electric heater a couple feet in front of it so that dry air will waft up into the legs and feet. Works really well and surprisingly quickly.

411ATv-nnbL.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom