Drying a Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dry mine inside out. That way the part that touches the skin is dry first for the next dive on a sunny day. Most of the time that I am diving the suit doesn't get a chance to dry except over night. I have the 7/5mm full. I don't have any problems with the suit not keeping me warm. I dive with mine in late december when the water is 50* at the surface and 42* not too far down. My problem is my hands and feet will get too cold to do more than 1 or 2 dives.

I will somewhat buck the trend of the prior posts to say yes, definitely, the Hyperstretch takes a relatively long time to dry. I say this owning a 3mm jumpsuit, and being very satisfied with it. Compared however to my wife's 3mm Goldcore, it takes much longer to dry. For me, that typically means hanging overnight, versus a couple of hours. The material of the hyperstretch seems more porous. I also think the suit is less bouyant for the same reason, as well as because it compresses more at depth. I think the tradeoff for the comfort and good fit are worth it for me.

Back
Top Bottom