Drying a Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JUMP IN

Reaction score
For those of you with a Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm full suit,
I have been reading quite a few threads about HH and wanted
know, does it really take a long time to dry?

I have read some post stating they could take up to 2 days
after a dive? Is this true?

well I been diving my Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm full suit, for about a year and it don't take that long to dry. most time if I hang mine up even going back to shore its pretty dry , my gold core well its really fast , I would say on average to complenty dry maybe 1 day but pretty dry in less than a day !!!!!!!

JUMP IN:
For those of you with a Henderson Hyperstretch 3mm full suit,
I have been reading quite a few threads about HH and wanted
know, does it really take a long time to dry?

I have read some post stating they could take up to 2 days
after a dive? Is this true?

I did a dive Sunday with mine and it was dry within a few hours.

Both my 3mm and 7mm suits dried in a few hours when hung in direct sunlight.

It's not the drying time that's really the issue with the Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuits. The real issue is their warmth, or lack thereof.

I've found that the hyperstretch suits are wonderfully comfortable and easy to don and doff. However, millimeter-for-millimieter they aren't nearly as warm as more traditional wetsuits. But I love mine!

After a morning dive, my 3mm is usually dry by dinner (except maybe the very ends of the arms and legs).

I've heard a lot that the Hyperstretch suits aren't as warm as others of the same thickness, and while that may be true, the comfort is worth the trade-off for me.

my 7mm only needs a couple of hours each side to dry...you do have to turn it around or it won't dry though

Where I live the only thing that dries quickly if at all is plants. I hang mine (3ml) in North indirect light with good air movement (if there is any) outdoors. It usually gets there around early afternoon. When I’ve gone diving again the next AM the sleeves and ankles are damp still. If not diving I haul it into the storage closet with a heat thing to ward off mildew and then it dries quickly. Exact same thing timing wise with a full zipper neoprene shortie.

FWIW, I had no trouble drying my HH the other day. We got in a few dives at Ginnie and once I hung it up it was dry at the end of the evening.

I usually dry my Hyperstretch 7mm inside-out first and then flip it. New York is often very humid in the summer, so drying can be a little slower than maybe in other places. I find that it's usually dry overnight, save for a little dampness in the wrists and ankles. Giving them a squeeze out about halfway through drying time tends to help.

It's getting the boots dry on the inside that's a big challenge. Damp boot stink is one of the worst diving smells around. :l:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom