Drying a Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the dryers are nice but i usually just turn my suit inside out the other thing is get a dehumidaphyer for your bathroom the issue is that the humid air is condensing inside your suit and that is why you are getting water in your boots

I used a shop vac with the hose on the dicharge side. I put my suit in a big laundry basket and placed the hose end down in the boot and turned it on. just make sure your fiters are clean first.

The easiest I have found is to stuff newspaper in the legs/boot, leave for a few hours then remove. The newspaper will absorb the moisture in the suit and it will be ready to store. Hope this helps.

Is there an issue with the newspaper ink? Does it not bleed off onto the suit? Seems like a good idea for camp and dive trips. Right now it's taking about a day or so to dry the outside of the suit and then I flip it inside out to make sure the inside is good. With newspaper I could try to take care of both at the same time in hopes I'm all set to go for the next day of diving.

Is there an issue with the newspaper ink? Does it not bleed off onto the suit? Seems like a good idea for camp and dive trips. Right now it's taking about a day or so to dry the outside of the suit and then I flip it inside out to make sure the inside is good. With newspaper I could try to take care of both at the same time in hopes I'm all set to go for the next day of diving.

Why would it matter if the outside was bone dry or not? It's going to be plenty wet shortly anyway! Travel is the only reason I can think of.

I turn both my wife's Fusion and my Catalyst inside out and rinse them off. Let dry and turn them right side out, rinse and let dry.

I do like the PVC rack plan though.

I also have used the newspaper in the boots method. It really works!

Could someone let me know the best places to look for one of those blower fans?

Back
Top Bottom