Drygloves to fit small hands - they don't exist so....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw some of the heavy duty blue gloves at Target of all places. Wal Mart also sells some heavy duty non-foam black neoprene gloves in the hardware section that I've used with pretty good results.

Hi Barb: I've been carrying mine around for a week now but forgot to show tham to you last wed. You should try them in the water to see if they still feel too big. I haven't worn them for a while but I don't remember having any problems with them because they squeeze right to your hands underwater. You have to burp them before going in to get most of the air out.
See you wed.??? deb

Have you checked out the blue PVC-dipped gloves used by many of the drygloves systems? They come in small to XX-L, and since you'll be wanting to use a liner anyhow for warmth I can't imagine you'd need anything much smaller.

The small size can be hard to find but Seattle Marine has them for about $4 a pair, and the yellow liners too.

You can try Acklands-Grainger. They have all sorts of vinyl, rubber etc... dipped gloves. I believe one line they carry is "Best Gloves" which you can find them on the net to see what they carry.

Safe Diving
Barriecuda

... they carry a very good selection of quality safety equipment.

I just tried coating some half cotton/half latex "gardening" gloves with liquid latex. I thought they'd be great because they fit so well. However, the liquid latex did'nt adhere to the gloves latex so the gloves leak at the join. So much for that little experiment.

I'm off to Acklands-Grainger....:auto:

the liquid latex did'nt adhere to the gloves latex
Gotta do the surface prep thing, the gloves might have had a mould release agent on them (often silicone based).
A good wipe with toluene, maybe a scuff with sandpaper if possible, followed by another wipe with toluene on a clean rag should fix things.

The Helios seem to be just the same old import blue gloves everyone else uses, the $4 a pair ones, with a latex wrist seal glued on.

DPVDiver once bubbled...
Barb,
Jess has a pair that fit her, I can't imagine getting any smaller than that. They are Helios, I believe size 8. You can try her's on and then get a pair if they fit. Only problem is they are way overpriced.

I too have narrow bones so my hands are not too big. I’ve looked at DC dry glove ring system but it is way too big for me. I could make fist and it will go thru the ring. I’d like to know if anyone can suggest ring system with rings smaller then 90 mm DC uses.

Eugene

After fighting with thoes horid heavy blue things trying to clip off 3/4 inch boltsnaps and just generaly do anything with my hands underwater, I came up with these. Incredible dexerity!

For $1.50 at Canadain Tire, they are durable enough. The little blue polypro liners keep my hands warm in cool waters. When it gets colder I stick in a thin thinsulate glove and use a slightly larger shell.

Here is a shot of my hand in it. Notice how nice and tight it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom