Drygloves to fit small hands - they don't exist so....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barb

Contributor
Reaction score
.... I've started considering how to make my own from a pair of gloves that do fit me.
I saw some gloves meant for gardening at C-Tire that were fabric dipped in some kind of latex or rubber to make them water-proof.
Does anyone know where I could buy a product like this so I could make my own (I'd install a latex cuff on it) that will fit???
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Barb

Or Lowes and look in the garding section you will find several styles and or colors that will work.

Then order a pair of wrist seals and install. If you need help there search the board or send me a PM.

Hallmac

i believe what they dipped them in is sold in automotive stores. they use this stuff to coat the handles of screwdrivers and other tools to make them water proof.

steve

If you have dry rings for your suit and gloves you can install any size glove you want. You could even install dishwashing gloves and wear a liner under them.

You could probably glue latex seals to dishwashing gloves as well.

Tool dipped gloves might be a bit stiff. :wink:

I just happen to have a ton & a half size SMALL gloves here.
http://comdive.com/endurotech.htm
Knock $20 off the price.
With the neoprene cuffs, they probably will get a spoon full of water in the critters by the time you're done.

The "tool handle dip" stuff is called "Plasti Dip" & is available at most K-mart & hardware stores. It's better for painting kneepads on your wetsuit & new boot soles on than for dipping gloves though.
A plain ring system for sliding into your sleeves runs $68; you can use the dollar a pair Army surplus chemical gloves with them, most common size available is small. :wink:

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
If you have dry rings for your suit and gloves you can install any size glove you want. You could even install dishwashing gloves and wear a liner under them.

Tool dipped gloves might be a bit stiff. :wink:

True. One of the instructors at our club makes his dry gloves from those black rubber gloves used for handling chemical waste. You can buy those at DIY stores here.

R..

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

If I did that someone might push me down and steal my milk money ;-0

Seriously, thanks for your suggestions.

I've never used the tool dip product - I had thought I could thin it down somehow so the end result would'nt be so thick.

Barb

Barb,

Jess has a pair that fit her, I can't imagine getting any smaller than that. They are Helios, I believe size 8. You can try her's on and then get a pair if they fit. Only problem is they are way overpriced.

The plasti-dip stuff is also available in a spray can and I think it is called plasticote. But I don't think it is really flexible or stretchy enough for coating a pair of gloves.

I'd go with the mil surplus chemical gloves and a ring system. I am on my last pair of size 9 dry suit gloves and the smallest size I can get any more are 10's, so I will shortly be going the chemical glove route.

Back
Top Bottom